Wednesday, April 22, 2009

What's on your mind?

So, you know how on Facebook it says: "What's on your mind?" And then, it has a little box for you to type in whatever sweet nothings you want. I'm catching on quickly to those that update that box a dozen times a day. I'm not sure what they do.. do they sit at the computer all day? Or, do they just stop in and update every time they move from one event to the next? The whole concept is interesting. And, yes, can be rather entertaining. But, it can also be annoying. Anyway, for those that update numerous times a day, this post is for you. I never just have one thing on my mind, but I don't care to update my facebook every time I have a change in thought. Instead, I will post all that is on my mind.

Aimee Johnson has SUGAR COOKIES on her mind. I have had sugar cookies on my mind for quite some time. I always make them for Valentine's Day and this year the holiday came and went.. without sugar cookies. Then Easter came and I didn't make any for that holiday either. What is wrong with me? I'm craving them. But I don't want just any sugar cookie. I want a big thick homemade sugar cookie with more frosting than cookie. And yet, each day passes and I don't make any. Hmm.
Here's another something that has been on my mind: what kind of mother am I? Yesterday morning Jer was telling me that he almost thinks we might need another kid so that I will stop being "party mom." What? I am party mom? What does that mean? He says having Erin being four and the only child at home during the day... I have become party mom. I give her chocolate cake for breakfast, I let her drink coke from my cup and on a whim I go buy her a new bike 'cause she needed one. I'm really not seeing it. I think I'm a great mom. Is there something wrong with chocolate cake for breakfast if she has a big glass of milk with it? And I only let her drink from my cup when it's regular coke and not diet (the NutraSweet isn't good for kids).

Next topic: Depeche Mode. I am going to see them in August. Is there something wrong with me? I have seen them in concert at least 6 or 7 times.. even going to Las Vegas once for them. But here I am, mother of 3, wife of 13 years, and yet I can't stop myself. I am listening to the new album now and I feel like I'm 16 all over again. LOVE THEM. Besides my "normal" obsession with concerts, should I need to see them over and over again?

Potty training is something that is on my mind almost constantly. My four year old is playing mind games with me. She's been "potty trained" for like a year and a half and yet I find myself still rewarding her when she doesn't have accidents or when she doesn't need my help. This is my birth control. I really truly am done having babies. I can't potty train any more. I'm checking myself out of this stage in child rearing.




Aimee Johnson is wondering why I can't watch Susan Boyle on Youtube. I can't figure out why every time I get on Youtube to see what all they hype is about with her, I can't watch anything that has anything to do with Susan Boyle. Is the entire world on Youtube watching her so I can't?

Okay, are you bored yet? One last thing I have to post - my darling girls. Some nights when we are sitting on the soccer field and I am desperate to entertain them, we play "modeling." I take pictures of them and they immediately look to approve. Gotta love digital cameras.






3 comments:

Mandy said...

I think it has to do with the Erin being the last kid. I remember my dad took my little brother to 7-11 almost everyday for lunch when he was younger and never made him go to kindergarten. So tell Jer that you'll just do the same thing if you have another baby, when it grows up:)

I love the pictures of your girls, they are getting so big and they are both so pretty.

cheers for chocolate said...

Thanks for the 'diet' sugar cookies! I've only had two so far!

Chad said...

Yeah, the facebook status updates are annoying. I sometimes try to put some on there that are just the most ridiculous things in the world. Like a few months back I put "Married but Looking." It got quite a response from people that thought I was a terrible person to some who understood the humor.

FIFTEEN Years

Independence Day 2008

Disneyland Vacation 2008

California Adventures

Sea World

Breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen

Newport Beach and The Crab Cooker