Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Number 2 Turned 9

Per Emma's request: cupcakes, mini samwhices, chips n salsa...
(above) Alexia, Emma, Sidney, Abby, MeShell, Erin



So serious.
(above) Sidney, Emma, Sarah, Alexia, MeShell, Abby, Alyssa

Oh too fun. Emma turned 9 last Sunday so we had a little party with her friends on Saturday night. While her emotions are all over the place and she still hates homework or doing anything I ask her to do, this is a fun age for girls. They made me laugh all night. Who knew that Disney's Dance Dance Revolution and Sing It for the Wii could be so entertaining... for me? Ok so I have had fun playing the games myself, but watching the girls was hilarious. Apparently The Climb by Miley Cyrus is a bigger hit than I realized. Every single one of them knew the words. So funny. And I think that for the most part they all had tried some kind of dance mat game so this was no scare for any of them. You find out, too, what kind of rockers their parents are at a party like this.

This video is a couple of minutes long, but kind of funny. Feel free to skip out on the end if you get bored, but otherwise crank up the volume and rock out with them! :)



Sunday was her actual birthday so after church we went over to the B's for cake and ice cream. And this Sunday we will go to the J's (we obviously have no qualms about stretching it out for the whole month). We gave her those little fashion mannequins that you design your own line of clothing with (can't remember what they are actually called) and they were a hit. Emma hasn't stopped "designing" since she got them. And all her cousins had a great time playing, too. Okay - and so did Tasha and Cari and I. It's addicting.

Emma has decided since you have to take them all apart after you put so much into it, she'll take a picture of every outfit first.

p.s. I know there are many of you out there that are very happy this time of year due to March Madness (my hubby included), but I hate waiting for Survivor! Ugh!

2 comments:

Lynsee said...

Happy Birthday Em!! Looks like you had a blast! I love the microphones. And Emma looks so thrilled to be holding it. :)

Hendricksonblog said...

your blog says its updated on my list but it is a lie. Did you change background or something. Is that pic of you and Jer new?

FIFTEEN Years

Independence Day 2008

Disneyland Vacation 2008

California Adventures

Sea World

Breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen

Newport Beach and The Crab Cooker