Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring Break

There were lots of fun things we did during Spring Break this year. Just not what I thought we might do. Didn't mow the lawn. Didn't plant a garden. Didn't clean the garage. Nope. Instead we endured the crappy weather and tried to make the most of our time off.

On Saturday, we had the neighborhood Easter egg hunt. We were in St. George last year for Easter so this was our first time at the egg hunt. Besides the cold weather, it was fun. I felt a little like we were in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with all the parents running around saying "look for the golden egg."

Kiwi Bakery helped out with the doughnuts and my were they yummy! I love that place. If you haven't tried one of their doughnuts, you must. And then a cream puff. And a meat pie. And the fish n' chips. And, if you go in the morning, not only does it smell amazing, the doughnuts are still warm.

Of course, we had to color eggs. This is obviously a very serious thing around here.

As I was cleaning up the egg mess, the kids decided to play Truth or Dare. See what happens when you have an 18 year old in the house!? Josh drank some vegetable oil, Emma has never kissed a boy and Tasha had to learn how to do the "Josh dance."
(above) This picture is of the kids that wanted to actually get out of bed to see what the Easter Bunny brought (I think that one kid that loves sleep was slow to come upstairs).

(above from left to right: Josh, Brynlee, Atley, Gauge, Cambree, Erin, Alexa, Kailee, Emma)

On Easter Sunday, we went to Grandma B's for the Easter Egg Hunt. This one was a little warmer than the one the day before. This picture makes me laugh because some of the kids chose to wear Easter outfits while other kids were just happy to be there. I had a little some of each.

We were able to accomplish one thing on our "to do" list. We got the trampoline set up. Good thing - now it can snow on it.


2 comments:

Hendricksonblog said...

So i hate that you didnt get any credit for your work on the Hunt. Im kind of a freak about telling people what you did because I hate taking credit for anything especially if I didnt do it. Would Emma be your slow to come down child?
I love how it doesnt even seem odd to see Tasha on your blog since I have seen her with you for over a year now. Next year lets do an ADults ONly egg hunt......that might be interesting.

Julie W said...

What a fun Easter! Way to go getting the trampoline set up! Super Cute Pics!!

FIFTEEN Years

Independence Day 2008

Disneyland Vacation 2008

California Adventures

Sea World

Breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen

Newport Beach and The Crab Cooker