Since my Senior year in High School, I've been scrapbooking. As each new baby came along, the actual act of scrapbooking became more and more difficult to find time for. (That's why my kids books only go to about age 2 - sad, I know). When the idea of blogging came along, I decided to continue my "scrapbooking" electronically with the intention of printing my blog each year. While I haven't yet printed any of it, I do find myself going back and reading old posts often. It's so fun to see how the kids have changed and kind of humorous to read about the things that mattered most at that time.
I am also a major blog hopper. I can spend hours going from one blog to the next. I have been able to catch up on the lives of friends that I haven't seen for a long time and also stay in touch with my family. And, I will freely admit to being addicted to "how-to" blogs. I love to find new projects and crafty things to make. I have also been inspired by the lives of others and find myself laughing and crying with people I feel like I know when really I only know through their blog. I also appreciate it each time someone approaches me about something they read on my blog. Sometimes it's easier to express myself through writing. Sometimes there might be something going on or just something on my mind that I find difficult to talk about, but I can write about it here.
In the last several months, I have found myself holding back. Have you ever written in your journal and not truly let the words flow for fear of the wrong person getting ahold of it? How many times have you gone to put an update on facebook and then had to rethink your wording or just not posted it because of the audience that might see it? I've struggled with that a lot lately, too, but recently I have come to realize my blog may have an audience that I don't know about or that I may not be comfortable with.
I really have nothing to hide and quite frankly, I've never been affected by others opinion of me. But, unfortunately, because it seems there is a select audience that is reading my blog with ulterior motives, I have decided to make my blog private. In the three years I have had a blog, I have never felt the need to go private. But, in order to protect my family and my recent sensitivity, I am going to have to to make the move.
I really really want to leave facebook and have kept my account for one big fat reason: I have a child with an account. As long as Josh has facebook, I will. But, I'm so rarely on anymore that I wouldn't miss it or the drama that it brings if I did cancel my account.
So, with that being said, I am looking forward to getting back to freedom. I am anxious to be able to say what I want without holding back. And, I would love for all of my friends and family to be a part of my honesty and continue sharing with me in the blogging world. So, if you think I might not have your e-mail address and you want to have access to my blog, please leave it for me in the comments. If I care at all about you and want you to read it, I probably already have you on my list, but don't hesitate to leave a comment, e-mail me or call me to make sure.
19 comments:
I hear you there and especially that part about holding back in your journal. I love your deepest darkest feelings. I like people who are willing to let it all hang out...w/in reason of course. Sorry some dirtbags found you here and that blog hoppers won't be able to happen upon your blog but as long as I can, who cares about the rest of em'.
Please put me on your blog reading list Aimee! I will miss your posts! And you know that I never judge you.
I would love to still be able to read your blog. I love that you do posts about the YW, so with that may I still follow?
I'm a loyal reader, so count me in! urlgurl77@gmail.com
xoxo
I'm probably not on your "close friends" or family list but I enjoy reading your blog. So if you want to include mine that'd be great brandoncarlile@msn.com (Natalie Johanson Carlile)
johnssl79@hotmail.com....yes please!!
Count me in cuz..
cjmsr@rocketmail.com
And to add to it I am so over all the FB crap also.. D.R.A.M.A!
Just in case....kristinjsellers@gmail.com.
I want to still read your blog. : )
Jenn-
Do I have your email address?
Sorry I was not thinking straight last night.
jema0m@live.com
I love reading blog please leave me on.
Please don't forget me. I love getting to know Emma better through your blog. anjanettehernandez@yahoo.com
I would love to keep reading...I love hearing all about you and your sweet family. Some people out there just need to get a life.
Please invite me in...
mindi.turner@securitynational.com
I'm a regular follower . . . Please keep me on the list!
julie92slc@hotmail.com Thanks!:)
Aimee,
This is Aunt Diane please keep me on. This is the only way I get to see what is happing to you and your family and I know that my kids love to look also. Being away is hard and I feel that the blog keeps us in touch. Sorry that some people are so mean.
Tell your Mom and Dad hello for us.
Love Aunt Diane
grandmabring17@gmail.com
I agree about the private issues. I still find it hard to write how crazy I am because sometimes it would be better for only strangers to see how crazy I am, and not all my favorite closest people, but all the same I feel "safer" knowing gosh knows who cant read all about my little life and family. Thanks for inviting me and and not jut Brian!!
Thanks for inviting me Aimee! I've got one too... dougandashleytucker.blogspot.com if you'd like. It's not private, cuz I'm pretty sure only about 3 people look at it :)
Ash
Email me your email so I can send you an invite into mine...
Post a Comment