Wednesday, September 14, 2011

That's So Random

One of the miscellaneous things on my to do list has been to go through all of Jer's Cd's and put them all back in their own case. They have been in a case in his car, but I decided it's time to put them all on an iPod or Zune and then stuff the Cd's away in the garage. I can't believe the collection that we have. Jer was Virgin Records biggest fan and has not purchased a cd since the one at Gateway closed. He is a firm believer in actually paying money for music instead of stealing it like most people these days do. And, thanks to all those cheaters, music stores are a thing of the past. And, by the way, he also believes in burning (as in flames) anything by Green Day so if you look closely at the picture and see any of that fine music - it's mine. I will claim all Green Day,  Enrique and Backstreet Boys. He wouldn't be caught dead with that stuff.
This is just a handsome pic of my soccer boy and his fancy necklace.
 I know school has been in session for a while now, but I still feel a need to include first day of school pictures. My kids hate these. Do all kids hate them? It's funny to me because they are in new clothes and their hair is actually done so why is it torture to have a picture taken?

I went back to work a couple of weeks after the kids started. It's been a fun year so far. I am tutoring at Granger High, Cottonwood High and Kennedy Jr. High. Last year, I was at Kearns and I am missing those cougars, but I love my job no matter what school I go to. (For information on the AVID program click here).
I had to post this adorable picture of my Laurels. I love these girls. This was at our activity  a week ago. We made these cute frames with hooks to hang necklaces on. Who cares what they are though - they made an awesome pic of the girls.
Labor Day weekend came and went. We had originally planned to take the kids to the cabin since we haven't been all summer, but it was taken. In an attempt to not let the kids get bored and disappointed, we came up with a list of  "ten things to do in one weekend." We didn't quite get to all ten things, but we succeeded in keeping them busy. On Friday, Jer and I spent a couple of hours at Swiss Days in Midway. I can never get enough of this place and next year I need to remember to plan ahead and go with the girls so that Jer doesn't need therapy by the end. Too many people and too many "crafts" in a too tiny of an area makes him anxious. Weird, huh?
The next thing on our list was to hike to Lake Mary with the kids. This was probably my favorite part of the weekend. They did awesome and now we know that those little chicken legs of Erin's can hike like a big kids. We have been waiting for our baby to get big enough to start doing things like this. She was awesome.


I don't know that I have ever been up there this late in the summer. Isn't is gorgeous? I felt horribly guilty for all the swimming we did when I was "younger" when I saw all the signs that say the water is used for drinking. Teenagers are dumb 'cause I'm sure those signs aren't new.
 Emma has always been a lover of nature. She was in heaven. As I went back through my pictures, she was leading the way nearly the entire time. I love that she loves the outdoors.
 I found a disc of pictures from 2003 and had to share this. This picture was taken at Trevor and Jenns' wedding. Josh was five and Emma was two. And to think that my Josh will be a teenager tomorrow.

4 comments:

The Royals said...

I went to look at AVID and it looks like such a good program. I need to talk to you more about it.

Love the pics of the hike. We go up Big Cottonwood quite often.

Hendricksonblog said...

I had all sorts of comments but that last pic that is so cute took all my thoughts away. I love Green day but what the heck w/the others?

Chad said...

I love Lake Mary. The no swimming signs are just suggestions. So what if it is watershed...they still clean it somewhere, right?

I bet Jeremy is a closet Green Day fan. He just wants to keep it from you.

Can you post about Zune and tell me what it is and how to use it?

Hendricksonblog said...

I agree w/Chad. Merely suggestions!

FIFTEEN Years

Independence Day 2008

Disneyland Vacation 2008

California Adventures

Sea World

Breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen

Newport Beach and The Crab Cooker