We started the party early because Lynsee knew Brynlee wouldn't last much passed 8 (and she was right). She is a typical two year old until it is after her bed time... then she is a terror of a two year old. I actually think it's really funny so I am usually getting in trouble for laughing at her being "naughty." We played Bingo for prizes and Emma had her first full on anxiety attack (he he). Bryn was climbing all over her and Emma was afraid her Bingo board was going to get messed up so she freaked out a little and needed Bryn off her lap. I don't know why that was so funny to me, but I couldn't stop laughing at Emma's reaction.
The kids all got jammies from Grandma and Grandpa (a fun tradition). Emma was thrilled that she got jammies with feet. What a crack up. And We tried to get a pic in front of the tree with all the kids in their new pj's. It almost worked.
Cari spoils my kids (well, all the kids). She was like Santa with her big bag of goodies for everyone! And she has a bit of magic in her because every gift she gave couldn't be more perfect for each kid. She knows them too well. And, she gave mom and Lyns and I new church bags. I love mine too much to just use it once a week so I have been using it as my everyday bottomless purse. It actually works out since the kids end up stuffing all their crap into it so that they don't have to carry anything. One day I hope they get over that.
Mom and Dad did awesome gifts (again) this year! Lynsee got KitchenAid mixer (love love love) in red! Cari got a camera (which she has been needing and will come in extra handy on her cruise) and I got a Kindle Fire! I think my brothers got shop vacs or something (I'm obviously not a very good sister). They gave us the Kindle early because the trial period with Amazon started as soon as they plugged it in to charge it for us. It has been awesome because the whole family can use it. I need to make a cover of some kind for it though. Makes me nervous to have it in my purse with no case. And, because I am my dads favorite daughter, I got my own set of drill bits. I know, you think that's crazy. I actually asked for them because I need to drill holes in things. Crafty things. You'll see. I will use it and show you.
Here is a cute pic with my Grandma.
(Josh, Emma, Erin, me, Lynsee, Mason, Cari, Brynlee, Helen)
What a fun Christmas Eve! It ended earlier than it normally does. Emma was anxious to go home and go to bed. Not sure if that is due to the anticipation or if she really was just sleepy. It was okay, though. We came home early enough to take a pic in front of the tree and have family prayer. And to bed they went. It was great.



2 comments:
Looks like fun! I may have laughed at Emma too!
I love the Christmas Eve tradition! Jammies are getting harder to find for the whole tribe!
Post a Comment