Saturday, September 22, 2012
Crazytown
I'm still not thrilled with the fact that Summer is over. I love Summer.
School started on August 27. There were a lot of things on our list of things to do during the Summer that were skipped. There just wasn't enough time. I know I felt like there wasn't, but the kids probably wouldn't agree. They had a lot of boring summer days this year. With both Jer and I working, they were left to entertain themselves part time. Having school start was a good thing, right?
Emma was a little nervous on the first day because she wasn't sure who was going to be in her class and she has a new (to the school) teacher. But, once she got inside and found out that her teacher is the class clown, she relaxed and has loved every minute of sixth grade. Mr. Pendleton is good with all those 11 year old dweebs. Joking about poop a lot seems to keep them all on task. Em is really having a great year so far! No anxiety. No stress. She is all smiles. I couldn't be more thrilled with how far she has come!
Erin spent her last week of Summer counting down the days till school was starting. She went with that beautiful smile on the first day. . . and must've left that smile at school. She is doing the Emma thing all over again- school phobia. Even though Erin is shy, she has never been so attached to my leg before. The anxiety has actually landed her in the hospital already this year. She has worried herself sick. So sick that she spent Wednesday at Primary Children's Hospital with doctors worried that she might have appendicitis. She comes by that naturally - the anxiety part. Darn! I was hoping that would skip her and she wouldn't have to go thru what Emma did.
Josh handled the first day of 8th grade like there had been no summer. He continued with his tradition of wearing the current ManU jersey on the first day of school. For being a kid that doesn't care about girls or fashion -he sure cared about what he looked like on the first day.
Sadly, this picture is the only B-day picture I got of Joshie. His Birthday was on a Saturday this year and he had a soccer game that day. So, we opened gifts that morning and I promised no pictures in his jammies. He had a great Birthday this year. He scored in his game that day (first goal for him in 4 years since he's played defense till this season), he got bacon and spam from the B's (and $ for college), an Amazon gc from the J's, earbuds from Cari, FIFA and a Panda gc from Jer and I and as always, money from Grandma Morton. He really could have gotten nothing and he would have been happy. Josh is an amazing kid. He was ordained a Teacher in the Priesthood by his dad on Sunday and we had family over for dinner. I can't believe my Joshie is getting so old (and BIG-taller than me). He really is everything a mom could hope for in her son. (Even though he changes the password on his sisters iPod often just to irritate her. Last time he changed it to "I'mnottellingyou" so that when she asked what it was he would tell her and laugh as she cried because she couldn't figure it out).
Sunday, September 9 was my big sisters fortieth birthday. Wow. We are getting up there. :) Her best friend threw her a Surprise Party on Saturday night and then we had a family party on Sunday.
I found this cute idea on Pinterest (a major addiction of mine) and turned it into my own thing. It was cute and hopefully made for some fun decor in her office after the party.
Mom had fun finding all of Cari's best pictures and displaying them all over for everyone to laugh at.
Erin keeps changing her smile. She is losing teeth like crazy lately. I do love her smile - teeth or no teeth. I mentioned before that she has worried herself sick lately. It's killing me. She is such a mommies girl any way, but the last couple of weeks have been really hard. She's been working with the school counselor and today she got a candy bar from her for going to school 8 days in a row!
She spent Wednesday at the hospital having tests run (found out she has an intestinal blockage due to stress) and as if that wasn't enough torture, I took her to the dentist on Thursday for two root canals and three fillings. This wasn't my best idea. Her stress level is already off the charts. So take her to the dentist? Ugh. After an hour of her clinging to me and screaming, I caved and said I would just suck it up and pay the extra for the laughing gas. She calmed right down and watched an entire movie while they drilled and poked and filled her cavities. I do wish I could have her suck on some laughing gas every morning before school now. Is that so wrong of me? If we could use it to calm her nerves just until she gets over the morning anxiety she might not feel so sick all the time.
On a whole other subject - I moved branches last week so that I could have more hours at work. After my first day of a "long" shift, I was on my way home and a teenage girl did this to my car:
I wasn't hurt. She wasn't hurt. But my car that I love so much was definitely hurt. I hate driving it around like this. It looks so WT. The insurance adjuster is supposed to come do an estimate next week and I will probably have a rental for a bit while my baby is in the Acura hospital. So sad. But, I do love my job and the new branch. It's so not convenient as far as location, but it's a fun job with lots of benefits that make it worth it.
So that was a super random update, but at least I can sleep tonight knowing I finally blogged. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











3 comments:
Great update and I have been wondering why your car seems to be at the school a lot. Not fun!
Busy summer and I thot the kids would be over more! Your car looks great now that it's all better..wish Erin was as easy to fix..go gluten free, yay..that was a cheer btw!
Dude. At least you are updating. I'll get right on that ...
Post a Comment