Eighteen years ago on July 25, Jer and I were married in the Salt Lake Temple. This year for our anniversary, we went to Lagoon. Romantic, right? It was actually Lagoon day for Market Star so we took advantage of the freebies.
I had to work in the morning so as soon as I got home we loaded the kids up and went to Lagoon. Around 5:00 they started the dinner in the pavilion. We try not to complain about Lagoons bad cooking since it's free for us, but you'd think they could learn to cook a burger. After/during dinner, they do a raffle/drawing for all the employees. Last year we sat and complained the whole time about how our dad never wins. This year we actually hoped he might not win since the prizes pushed us beyond our normal limits at Lagoon.
We won these tickets for the Catapult. Ugh. So I spent the rest of the evening stressing because I'm too cheap to let them go unused and I didn't want to be the one to use them. Josh worked on Emma for a few hours - convincing her that she would regret it forever if she didn't do it.
One thing that is a must at Lagoon is the train. It's a nice way to cool off and relax for a minute. I asked Josh to take a pic of Jer and I and between Jer's willingness to be in a pic and Josh's willingness to take it, this is what we get (below). Fabulous, right? At least Jer is smiling. He says he hates Lagoon, but I don't believe him. It's no Disneyland and it surely isn't what it was as a kid, but it's still fun. I made Josh and Emma go on the Spider with me and I screamed like a little girl the whole time. I thought Josh was going to pee his pants 'cause he was laughing at me so hard. I'm such a wanny in my old age. Erin always loves the Music Express and giggles the entire time. I think she likes any ride where she get's to smash me.
This one is the pic Erin took. A little more in focus. Cheesy, but in focus.
Eventually, Josh talked Emma into using the ticket for the Catapult with him. Whew. I seriously was giving myself a headache from worrying about having to be the one to go with Josh. They ended up waiting in line for over a half hour so by the time it was their turn, the excitement had multiplied by ... a lot. Erin and I took pictures and video of them. Both Josh and Emma say it was one of the funnest things they have ever done! I'm so glad they did it!
It was a fun day at The Goon! We are all glad that Market Star takes us every year ('cause otherwise we probably wouldn't pay their prices to get in). Until next year, stay groovy Lagoon!




.jpg)




No comments:
Post a Comment