Monday, March 24, 2008

It's back!


I am sure many of you have already heard the story, but I have to blog about it. I still can't believe I have it back. For Valentine's Day, Jer got me a new phone: a pink blackberry pearl. Yes, I am spoiled. I was so excited about it. I treasured it.. for five days. And, after having it for a whole five days, it was gone. Vanished. It wasn't like I misplaced it. I knew for sure that I had put it in my purse, in the cell phone pocket. Jer and I took Erin one day to shop for a couch. We went as far as Ashley Furniture, Sam's Club and RCWilley. On our way home, I realized no one had called or texted in a while. When I went to get it out of my purse, it was not there. My heart sunk. I knew I had put it in the pocket of my purse. Jer knew I had. So, we turned around and went back to trace our steps. We left my name and Jer's cell number with employees. And for days after, I kept calling the stores to find out if anyone had turned it in. I felt like a kid. Like I had been trusted with the responsibility of having a nice phone, and then I lost it. So, a month goes by and at that point I had given up. Our bill finally uploaded on the Internet and to our surprise, my phone was in use! For a month someone had been using my phone! And they were smart about it. There were no phone numbers on the bill, just data. So, Jer called Verizon and they of course credited the account. We had reported the phone lost/stolen the day it went missing but apparently the phone never powered down so the service hadn't been suspended. So at this point, I knew my phone was in someones possession. They were using it and racking up our bill. Then, out of the blue, over a month after the phone was lost, my mom received a phone call. A girl from Woods Cross had my phone and wanted to get it back to me. She happened to be an employee of Ashley Furniture (along with her boyfriend). So the next day, Jer and I went into Ashley and picked it up from the Customer No Service Desk. Can you believe it? I got it back! And, it's fine! They cleared the memory before returning it, but there's not even a scratch on it. I am so grateful to have it back - in my hot little hands! But, don't you find it strange the way it all happened?

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I can't believe that! You must've REALLY missed it & those little theives could "feel" it, so they just had to give it back!

Hendricksonblog said...

Hey Loser!!!!
Glad you found it.....and I randomly found you here.
April

FIFTEEN Years

Independence Day 2008

Disneyland Vacation 2008

California Adventures

Sea World

Breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen

Newport Beach and The Crab Cooker