Friday, March 7, 2008

"Look What I Can Do!"


So, I am not so smart when it comes to the computer. I have been a stay at home mom for over three years now and it seems I am out of date with so many new and fun things on the computer. However, I have lots of family members that are quite talented and very ... let's just say "up to date." Jamie, for example, has her vinyl company (StudioJK) and can design anything she can imagine. I am always in such awe when I watch her on her computer. Besides the fact that she can draw these things, she can get them on her computer. I feel like it's such a success when I make my scanner work. She actually takes things from her very own brain and turns them into something amazing. So, now that you are curious, check out what I am talking about on her website: http://www.studiojk.blogspot.com/ (there is a link to her store).


Then, we have Alisha. She and Paul were so good last year that Santa brought them both their very own Apple Computers. Wow, huh? Now here is a girl that takes scrapbooking to the next level. Her recent success is, as most of you know, her blog. Every time I pull up her page, there is something new and most impressive. So, since I am so good at mooching, I called her to find out about her page header. Me: "How did you find that page header, Leesh? Did you pay for it on a digital scrapbooking website? Is it from Pyzam.com?" Alisha: "No. I made it. It's just photoshopped." Oh. Ok. It's just photoshopped. Well how bout that! (Like it's easy?)


And, I can't forget Melinda. Her blog has sat postless for a couple of months. So last Sunday I give her the 5 minute run down of how to get your blog moving along. By Wednesday, she has an entire years worth of pictures, videos, and journaling. Not to mention the look of it totally changed.


Anyway, I am jealous of all of my sisters and sisters-in-law. They are all very talented. But, the computer thing is definatley one area I feel I have fallen out of the know how by not being in the work place. The other day I decided to download a sample version of Photoshop Elements 6.0. Without any kind of tutorial, I created the piece of art above. Are you impressed? I couln't believe I created it. I know, I know. I'm the bomb. Now you are all jealous of me, eh? Okay, probably not. But, I thought I would show you what I did.. all by myself.

WARNING: DO NOT OPEN COMMENT BELOW FROM KALAR (SPYWARE)!

1 comment:

Simply Tickled Pink and Blue said...

Ahhhh, thanks Aim. You did such a good job it looks so cute. See you catch on quick. I envy you too, scrap booking, decorating and just being creative overall. Your awesome.

FIFTEEN Years

Independence Day 2008

Disneyland Vacation 2008

California Adventures

Sea World

Breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen

Newport Beach and The Crab Cooker