Jer has a friend at work that has a connection with the Zamboni driver and had arranged for Josh to ride on it between the second and third periods (the real reason we went to a hockey game). Since hockey is so popular at the E Center these days, we got there about 3 minutes before the game started and bought our tickets at the ticket booth... row ten. We were sitting just behind the teams. That was exciting!
We started out with nachos and drinks and sitting back to enjoy the game. It didn't last long - nachos were not the focus once the players started throwing gloves on the ice and going at each other. Suddenly we were at an MMA match. Okay, not really. Fighting at hockey games is completely legal until one player pulls the other players shirt over his head. The girls weren't sure how to feel about the whole thing as the arena filled with adrenaline and testosterone. But, Josh was pretty pumped. The rest of the night he spent hoping for another fight. They all thought the penalty boxes were a cool concept - grown men (I think) sitting in time out for fighting.
I was worried about Josh getting over to the Zamboni and deciding it wasn't his thing, but he loved every second he was out there! The Grizzly Bear started quite the snowball fight with Josh. Josh wasn't feeling like it was a fair fight considering he was buckled in to a seat that was 12 feet above the ice. But it was entertaining none the less.
Emma caught a Rockstar hat and suddenly she became a rockstar. It was hilarious. They were throwing out all kinds of Rockstar paraphernalia and playing Pink all night. It put her in quite a mood. I love watching the kids personalities bloom when we do things together as a family. She reminds me so much of myself when I was little - crying one minute and giggling the next. Love her!
Erin couldn't concentrate on anything but the Grizzly Bear. When we scored the last goal of the game, he came running down the stairs next to our seats and was jumping around with his bag of popcorn going everywhere. She thought that was the funniest thing. And, when they were playing YMCA and showing the dancing crowd on the big screen - Erin was the first person they showed. She is such a show off.
4 comments:
Your kids are so cute. Looks like Josh had alot of fun too!
Are you feeling better these days? I thought of you when I went to the dentist last week for a toothache. Yuck.
Hope to see you soon!
NIce to see you back without your mouth hanging open. I havent been to much hockey. I get worried when they fight because someone might "really" get hurt. Thats the fun of the anxious. I'm glad it was fun and I dont blame them, I love Rock Star.
That is fun. I wonder what my girls would think of that. I think OSHA (Brinlie) might be a bit concerned. We are going to have to try it out I think.
What's MMA
Post a Comment