You might be wondering where I have been. I'm hearing a lot of: "You never call me anymore," or "you missed our meeting," or "wow, the house is a mess - mom must not feel good..." Or, maybe you just couldn't care less. But, if you have been wondering, I've been camping out in the dentist's chair since Dec. 4. No kidding. Remember me talking about how my tooth broke when we were in St. George over Thanksgiving? Well, it has only continued to bloom. After my first appointment in December, I was still so much pain! So, at my next appointment, I told my Dr. where it was hurting. Lucky me - the tooth next to the original root canal needed a root canal. Um, yah. Two root canals. So, this last Tuesday, I went in for the final "root canal" appointment only to find out that I was headed back on Friday to start the crown process. I knew I was going to need crowns/caps on these two teeth, but I didn't know that they were putting posts in my jaw.
Needless to say, it's Sunday night and I am in pain. And, I think my tongue is permanently numb. Nothing new, but I am so sick of the dentist! I think he is starting to take it personally. Friday he noticed how sick of him I am. I am usually pretty good at courtesy laughs (even when I have a mouth full of cotton, metal and hands), but Friday when I was spitting blood.. no more courtesy laughs.
I'm not sure where I went wrong with my teeth. I have always had great teeth. I just assumed that growing up in Magna that it was the water. I have had very few cavities and always stayed current with my check ups. But, I guess this is a sure sign of aging. I never had braces. Now, I would trade this any day for braces. My jaw throbs 24/7 and my gums hate my toothbrush. I thought I would lose weight through all of this, but I have to eat to take pain killers. So, that's not even working. I am stoned even as I write this. I guess that is a good thing - I have had nearly an unlimited supply of narcotics.
So, there is my sad story. I know you are all crying about crappy weather and a bad economy. Not me. I am crying over my stinking teeth. Eat some Valentine candy for me. My last appointment is March 3.. oh how I can't wait.
4 comments:
This TOTALLY sucks. I can't imagine the pain!!! "Are you an anti-dentite? Pretty soon you will say they should have their own schools." I don't know how anyone could be a dentist. I can't even do my kids loose teeth crap. Let me know if you need anything. Seriously!!
Oh man. The torture of teeth. They are almost as bad as my dislike of cars and all of their problems...
Hope you are feeling better soon!!
I am the gay dentist from Rudolph and I want to pull everyones teeth. I love flossing until my gums bleed...oh so satisfying. What I woulndt give to be putting people in all that pain. Okay so I think your teeth are rotting because you are a drug addict and you keep pretending to need work done just for the meds. You can always pretend your appendix are rupturing like all the other fakers in this ward and people can bring you meals and all that. I will sign up and come steal your drugs.......Flying high...beautiful its true.
I am so very sorry. I have had a few dentist blues of my own this week. And here's what I say. HAVING BABIES DESTROYS A WOMAN'S TEETH. At least I'm convinced that is what happened to mine. The wierdest, wackiest, for-no-reason things have happened to my once close-to-perfect teeth. I floss, brush, swish with the fancy stuff, all of it... AND STILL! The $$$$$ we've spent on my mouth. I could drive a new car. I grieve the $$$ lost, but more than that I grieve the perfect teeth lost.
Anyway, enough about me. What I'm trying to say is I feel your pain. I am so sorry. I really really am. I made chicken noodle soup last night for dinner. My husband thought I was being nice to my 4 yr old who has had the flu. Nope. It was selfish. It was for me cause I couldn't CHEW anything else after being at the dentist all morning. I'm with you. Lets commiserate. Get well soon.
Post a Comment