Thursday, July 9, 2009

Good Times in the Ole Town Tonight FIRE FIRE FIRE

Traditionally, on our way home from the cabin, we stop in Evanston for a few boom booms to use on the fourth. We tend to spend mucho monies on them and then Jer drives ever so carefully all the way home praying that no police officers pull him over and search the car. Then, when we get brave enough to light them, we do it with much anxiety... knowing that if the Fire Dept. shows up, not only will they ticket us, they will take them away and go blow them up for their own enjoyment. In order to fully enjoy the whole thing, we invite the neighbors over. We figure the more people that participate in the show, the more justified it is. Okay, so we would've invited them over anyway, but what fun is a box of fireworks from the fitty cent table at the ghetto 'tent' in West Valley City? Aprils fitty cent sparklers from Reams were a hit, but they only entertain for so long.

Harmons, Hendricksons, Lingwalls, Bringhursts, Johnsons

Me and my roots - my girls, I mean.
The all girls area of the grass.
(Cari, Erin, Emma, Neve, Ella, Chloe)

Cari - the kid magnet.

Lisa - "Mom of the Decade."
(yes, they are twins. and they have two sisters. and they love chocolate and licorice.)
Thank you Harmons for bringing the "regular." It was super thick and chocolaty. BTW you should've seen the ants in my front yard the next morning.. campin' out on smashed chunks of chocolate doughnuts. The kids thought it was great (even though it looked like poo). Cheap entertainment.

These boys were Jer's best audience. They sat on the grass and cheered the whole time. Notice Sam's face - it was pretty dark outside but as soon as he noticed the light on the camera, the smile came out. You think he has his picture taken much at home?

I can't help but call this picture "cute." I know "cute" prolly isn't what April would call it, but aren't these two just adorable? They sat on the curb and kept the sparklers comin'. Thanks for the licorice buffet (and the fitty cent sparklers).

Future Boy Scouts of America.

The girls figured out that if you hold the end of your sparkler on the 'snap-its' that they had "popped" earlier, they "pop" again. Cute and smart.
I had to include this picture of Sam. That face is so him. He is such a small fry.
This is what I woke up to the next morning.

At the end of the show, the crowd slowly dwindled. By about 1a.m. we were down to April, Nellie, Jer and I. Good thing we stayed up 'cause we would have missed out on the trailer park fire. I don't know how your kids were the next morn, but mine barely made it to the Magna Parade that starts at NOON! For details on the Magna Charade, see April's blog. Thank heavens for Pete's Den... otherwise it might have been a complete waste of time.


There were some cute kids sitting on the Charade Route though.

*If nothing else, I must've gotten Chads attention with that title.
**Anyone else remember singing that in grade school? Backwards? Why did we sing IFER IFER IFER at the end? That's not FIRE backwards.

7 comments:

Hendricksonblog said...

Oh c'mon really "cute" is the only way to describe Dave and I. I'm sweet too!!!
Thanks for the real show of fireworks and thanks for risking your criminal history for us.
You should have seen the licorice in my stroller the next day it was covered with "pop it" sawdust.

Lisa said...

Love the post title GENIUS!!! We had a great time.... Well most of us I guess just not Tanner. Thanks for the invite. IFER!!

Julia said...

Looks like lots of fun...waiting to see Chad's comment here.

Chad said...

The title did not get my attention, but the blatant misinformation about the fir department did. We do not ticket anyone, thats what cops do. We do confiscate fireworks, and its called training when we light them at our station! That sounds like you guys had fun, thanks for inviting us.

Chad said...

ps- check my blog for a fun story about illegal fireworks. I am posting it within three days.

cheers for chocolate said...

I never raised you to break the law!

Stephanie said...

What a fun 4th! It looks like the kids had the time of their lives. And I think you look darling. What a cute, fun Mom.

FIFTEEN Years

Independence Day 2008

Disneyland Vacation 2008

California Adventures

Sea World

Breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen

Newport Beach and The Crab Cooker