Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Chewing Gum is VERY Gross! Chewing Gum I HATE the Most!

Josh came to me the other day and said he had put two packs of gum in his pants pocket. So, for the last couple of batches, I've been keeping an eye out for gum. I like to think I'm a regular pocket checker when I do laundry. I've been married to someone who wears a tie to work everyday for 13 years now. So, I take a lot of pride in my laundry skills. I'm very particular about how the laundry is done. It's not just about darks and lights. I do the pants up before they go in, I unroll sleeves, I take collar points out, and... I check pockets. However, I've never met a pair of soccer shorts that had pockets - until tonight. Yep! The gum was in the soccer shorts pocket. Did I mention there were TWO packs of gum? This is what two brand new unopened unchewed packs of gum look like after being washed:
"Well that's not a lot of gum" you might be saying to yourself. And, you're right. That is most definately not all of it. So where is it? Let me tell you - it's ALL OVER EVERYTHING! And, what I didn't sit and pick off the clothes was found here:
You can't see it, I know. But it's there. Have you ever noticed that if you chew gum long enough it ends up gray no matter what color it started as? This gum was purple. It's now gray... and smashed all over the sides of the washing machine. How awesome for me. While my sweet little family is catching some serious z's, I'm scraping gum off the walls of the wash tub. An ole credit card did the job okay. Now I'm waiting to see how the batch of sticky clothes ends up. I'm a little scared to tell Jer that not only was Josh's soccer uni in that batch, but so is his coach shirt and all his Adidas shirts (his favorites). I think I will start praying now that it all comes out in the wash.

So here's my question: Do I owe Josh a new pack of gum (or two)? Or, does Josh owe me (BIG TIME)? He did come to me ahead of time and "warn" me. But, he still put TWO packs of gum in his athletic shorts pocket!

6 comments:

Chad said...

You definitely owe the 2 packs of gum, especially if it was purple.

Hendricksonblog said...

I seriously think i would have to buy a new washer. One of my issues like the crumbs is with chewed or chewed looking gum....ughhhh.
Im soo sorry that would be my worst day ever I think. I know I have it pretty bad if thats my worst day.

Simply Tickled Pink and Blue said...

Oh man do I hate it when something sneaks by you in a pocket. Doesn't it just make you crazy?! I'll never forget the purple crayon that made it into a load of new clothes we were washing for the first time.

cheers for chocolate said...

just remember the $100 I found in dad's pocket...and I kept it!

Noslo Family said...

I've washed a whole pack of extra. It looked about the same and I had little flecks of green gum on all my clothes for a long time because it was stuck all over my dryer too. I think he owes you! Washing a purple crayon turned me into a pocket checker.

Ashley said...

I personally think JOSH should be the one in troble really and it's not just because this is ashley It's becasue this is Ashley and he should be punished (but at least it's worse then my Marshmellow mess:)

FIFTEEN Years

Independence Day 2008

Disneyland Vacation 2008

California Adventures

Sea World

Breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen

Newport Beach and The Crab Cooker