I love that each gift from all my sisters took time, energy, and real thought. Sometimes they are handmade and sometimes they are not. But, the bottom line is that they are personal and always meaningful. I also love the things the kids make at school. I love watching their faces as I open the wrapped gift. And, I always love my mom and mom-in-laws gifts. From the first Christmas Jer and I spent together as a married couple, his mom has impressed me with her thoughtfulness. Most years she brings tears to my eyes (like when she gave me a framed poem with Josh's hand prints). My moms gifts are usually based on some kind of "inside" joke. And if you know me, I appreciate a good giggle.
So, with that said, know that this post is not to celebrate gift giving, but to say thank you to everyone that put so much into each of these "favorites."

Santa (made by Josh) This little guy took almost a week to make in class. Mrs. Selman is such a great teacher. The kids brought cans to school and by Christmas break they transformed them into these darling things.

Poinsettia (crafted by Alisha) If you have ever checked Alisha's etsy shop, you know she has serious talent. This is one of the many things she created for the holidays. The funnest thing was that we all received a different one. I hate that I have to put it in a box until next year.

Antique Monogram (created by Jamie) So I knew for a couple of months that Jame had something amazing up her sleeve for the "sister gifts" this year. She found these old windows at an antique shop in American Fork and with her creative little head - it became this beautiful design. Everything she does is amazing so after much anticipation, there was nothing but excitement from me when I saw this! I love how it turned out!!
Watch Bracelet (designed by Cari) You all know I'm a succor for great jewelry. I was so excited when I opened this. The watch is a charm so it can be worn on the bracelet or on a chain as a necklace. The only thing that frustrates me about this gift is that I didn't think of it. :)
Slippers (made by Gap, given by Lynsee) This year Lynsee did something different for everyone. Some got handmade scarves - which I covet. I wish I had a picture of those. She made a darling scarf for Erin that I should have taken a picture of. Anyway, back to the slippers, I LOVE THESE THINGS! Every year Lyns has given Cari and I slippers. I usually wear them out so it's perfect timing to get a new pair from her for Christmas. I've pretty much been living in these since she gave them to me for two reasons: 1. They are so very cozy and my feet are always cold and 2. If I don't keep them on my feet, Emma will run off with them.
Menu Planner (made by Jenn) Another thing I wish I had thought of. Jenn created this in Photoshop and then made it into a white board. LOVE IT! So I can plan each week and then at the bottom it has a place for a shopping list. It's magnetic so it's on my fridge (convenient) and since it's a white board it can be used forever!
Magic Bullet (given by Mom and Dad) I seriously cringe at the idea of posting this mouth of a picture, but it's no secret that I have a big mouth. Yes, this is one of those "inside jokes" kind of gifts. Though, I think just about everyone I know has heard the story. My parents had me open this first (they gave one to all the kids) so that they could capture my reaction. That face is a true reaction - I swear it's not posed. I really was that excited to get a Magic Bullet.
Photo by Emilie Workshop (from Jer) Nothing new - Jer spoiled me for Christmas. But this was my favorite thing he gave me. Since I decided to be a Photographer when I grow up, I decided to take a class to catch me up with the digital world. I'm so excited - I can't wait! The class isn't until the end of February, but with my registration there were several tutorials. So, I've been reading and practicing already! I will be saving my pennies for a new camera and then I will need "subjects" to practice on. Keep me in mind for your photo needs!
Thanks to everyone for all the thoughtful gifts! Hopefully you all enjoy this tradition as much as I do. Are you as amazed as I am with all the talent?





2 comments:
I enjoyed this post. I love Christmas too, even though I am very bah humbug about getting out the boxes of decorations, getting the tree up, shopping for presents, Rebecca went to bed or the list could go on.
I do love a good gift certificate though. Very thoughtful (you have to think about which store to get it at), and practical, think of all the different things I have given people for christmas with just a simple gift card. I don't even know what cool gifts I have given!
LOVE IT!!!!! Your family is so creative!! I'm excited for you just looking at the awesome gifts:) Enjoy!!
Post a Comment