Since the boys and I were originally planning to be in England the week of August 8th, my parents had scheduled a week of camping with the girls. For those that haven't heard, Jer got a new job last month and has spent the month of August in Colorado. So, as good as a new job is, unfortunately, we had to postpone our England trip to next Spring. Erin and Emma still got to go with Grandma and Grandpa on their little vacation though. Josh and I went up Thursday night and crashed their party.
The girls were excited to show us everything that they had been doing. Playing in the creek is something I grew up doing. I was a little worried initially because of the water levels this year, but the creek was way down. It didn't take Emma long to put a hole in her shorts going down the "slide." And then, shortly after that, her bum cheeks were showing! So funny. She didn't believe me when I told her that would happen. I really wanted to take a picture of them hanging on the clothes line, but she threw a fit about it.
The picture below is how the big kids play in the creek. I kept asking Josh if he was ever going to get off his throne - he didn't think it was funny when I helped him out of it. I didn't think it was funny when my camera took a dive in the creek. :(
The tent looks small in this picture - it's not small. Weird.
Erin didn't realize how much she had missed me until I got up the canyon to see her. She couldn't leave my side. I didn't mind. I was lonely without her, too. The crazy thing is that the kids immediately went back to fighting and driving me crazy. How is it that the girls went all week not whining or fighting, but as soon as Josh and I got there, everything changed.
There were only a few moments when they were actually all getting along and smiling... usually when my camera was out. It was so fun to spend time in the mountains. It is one of my favorite things to do. Next time I would just prefer to not be a single parent. Thank heavens for grandmas and grandpas.
England update: For those that have helped Josh work toward his England trip, we appreciate it so much!!!! He has earned more than half of his part and is excited to go to ManU this Spring. I will keep you all up to date as he continues to prepare for his AMAZING trip!


2 comments:
Congrats to Josh on the new job (an getting to spend a month in Colorado!)
Your trip to England sound exciting!
NO, that tent is not small! It fits queen Hillari and all her stuff
Post a Comment