Friday, November 14, 2008

Whose Child is This?

So, this is my three year old! Stinkin' cute. Need I say anything else? :) Erin and Emma love my pom poms (Jer does, too, but that's another story). I have threatened them with their lives not to hurt my pom poms. They are (I am going to age myself here) nearly seventeen years old! Ouch! So I am a little protective of my pom poms.

The other day, Erin came in and asked me to put them on her (she does this several times a day. It makes me laugh that I have to "put them on." The handles are hidden in the center and it takes real skill to find them and get your hands in there to hold on). So, while I am helping her find the handles..

Erin: "Mom, are these Mom pom poms or kid pom poms?"

Me: "They are Mom pom poms."

Erin: "Well, then why don't you ever soos (use) them? I never see you cheer for anything."

Me: "I know. I haven't used them for a long time. I guess there is nothing to cheer for anymore."

Erin: "Then I will soos them and you can be the teacher. Teach me some cheers."

Oh man. Next thing you know she is going to ask me to put on my uniform. Not happenin'. So, since her name seems to be the only thing that a three year old can spell, I taught her this little cheer. She is a crack up. This is a typical event for the two of us when the other kids are at school. And, I can never figure out why I didn't get anything done during the day. If we aren't cheering, we are dancing, cooking, buying, singing.. etc. Her entire day is pretend. Oh to be three again!

p.s. make sure you pause the music below before you push play on the video.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Wow Amy I have those exact pom poms, thats weird:) My girls love playing with them too. Erin is so cute!!

Thanks for the aprons I got them in the mail yesterday. They look great. I feel bad you had to mail them. I really wasn't in any hurry, but thanks anyway, I am sure my girls will love them on Christmas. Thanks again

Julie W said...

You're so funny!! I remember when you wore your uniform on Halloween while taking your kids trick-or-treating around our neighborhood. :-) You go girl!! I'll have to send my girls over to your place more often . . . . sounds like fun!!

Unknown said...

what a cutie! I'd like to see a little clip of you doing a cheer too!:) Maybe she can cheer for Ethan playing football one day...:)

The Sumsions said...

How cute! Ironically, the other day we were trying to talk Bailee into doing some of her cheers for us. While I'm trying to convince her, Cory starts telling her that her mom used to be so good at cheerleading, and why doesn't mom do some cheers for us, on and on and on . . . What the heck? I ended up doing 2 or 3 that I could remember all because of Cory. I felt like a dork! Ha ha. Wasn't so dorky once upon a time :)

FIFTEEN Years

Independence Day 2008

Disneyland Vacation 2008

California Adventures

Sea World

Breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen

Newport Beach and The Crab Cooker