My girls love to play "dress up." I don't really think it's anything that a girl grows out of. Our dress up bucket at home is over flowing with capes, hats, dresses, purses, shoes, jewelry, and just about anything else that looks like a queen would wear it.
I wanted to make the day that we find a dress for Emma's baptism a special day for her. So, we had a little GNO last Saturday and invited my sisters. We went to White Elegance to play a little "dress up" and to find her a special dress for her special day. We all had so much fun. I think Emma tried on 7 or 8 different dresses until she decided on one. And, Erin tried on at least that many. She is Cari's little dress up doll. I was surprised at Erin's willingness to try them all on, model them and then not get one to take home. She is such a good sport!
This last one is the one Emma decided on. It's pretty fancy (more than I probably would have liked), but it's the one she fell in love with. And, she does look very pretty in it. I've decided it's a good thing that she won't have to find a wedding dress for a long time.. for more than one reason. She was rather "bratty" while trying on all the dresses. She knew which one she liked and was not about to listen to me. Now I know when I take her shopping for a wedding dress I will tell her how much I LOVE the one that I hate! Then she won't choose it. Heaven forbid she get the one mom likes!
We spent a LONG while at Jason's Deli after finding the "right dress." So long that Erin fell asleep in Cari's arms. Look at my cute sisters big belly! I love it! March is just around the corner!
1 comment:
Your girls are sooo cute. I LOVE the dress that she picked. It is so cute. Your little Erin is just a little doll. She is such a cutie. What a fun night.
Post a Comment