Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Project 365


On New Years Day, I purchased the Kit of the Month on Creating Keepsakes website. I have to tell you: they sold out. You can't get the kit, but I want to share with all of you the concept behind Project 365.

I have always loved to scrapbook - since high school. However, with each child, I do it less and less. I try to keep up with taking pictures and saving precious things, but I figure one day when all my kids are in school, I will get caught up on the scrapbook pages. Blogging has actually been my way of justifying it. I feel like if I post the moments to remember on my blog, it's fast and it gets done. So, along with the idea of having 2008's posts printed and made into a book, I have been looking for ways to "capture" the day to day events in our family.

With that said, I am making Project 365 my priority for 2009. The idea is to take a picture every single day. Just one. More if you want but only one will go in this book per day. Then, I have a little notebook that I jot down the simplest notes that go with the picture I took for that day. When my kit arrives (I think it will be here tomorrow!!), it has page protectors that are set up to have each week on a layout. There are 4x6 slots and then smaller ones under them for journaling. So, all I have to do is slip each photo in and jot down a few notes for each day. I am so excited to see what everyday of our 2009 will look like! Isn't that so much fun??? I am hoping that getting involved in this project will make me more aware of my blessings, my priorities, and my surroundings. Don’t think you do anything worthy of photographing? Think again. What you think is mundane and ordinary is actually a collection of very cool & unique factors of your life.

So far I have taken pictures of us bowling on Jan. 1, what our backyard looks like on a January day, my messy house, the innards of my purse.... and so forth. Today is Jan. 7 so I am one week into it. Unfortunately, there may or may not be more kits available on the CK website, but I wanted to share the idea so that you can do your own version! What a great YW project.

Click here for details on the kit and how you can get started!

8 comments:

Chad said...

You must own stock in craft supplies! Good Luck with that.

The Sumsions said...

Seriously it stresses me out to even think about that. By day 3 I'd be behind 2 days and then I'd give up. I envy you for plunging forth with great effort. I can't even seem to blog more than once every three months. I'm going to start with that resolution for 2009 - but you'll note we're a full week into it and I have yet to blog. I love crafty people - you're awesome :)

Hendricksonblog said...

I donta speaka chinese

Brian said...

I think I could do the picture thing, but then there is the problem: I have to get the picture onto a page with paper, stickers, lettering, etc. and then I am lost. And behind before I even begin. I am VERY excited to see yours though. I WISH I could do it. I think I should start by doing a picture a day. We are trying to do something similar with our Happy Moment. WE shall see. Fun for you.

Simply Tickled Pink and Blue said...

I love it, what a great idea. Stinkin' kits that always sell out.

I have to tell you that I started the school years kits and absolutely love them. It would be so easy to do your own.

cheers for chocolate said...

Thanks for fixing my blog! How you do it?

Unknown said...

Sounds great! I want to see it when you get a few months into it!

ps will you email me your phone number (our ward directory is super old)?

emilyjanashby@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

sorry to bug you again...i just tried to call (lisa emailed me your phone number)and your mailbox was full.

just wondering about thai food...maybe tonight (fri)or tomorrow night?

call or email me when you get a chance if you want to go!:)

FIFTEEN Years

Independence Day 2008

Disneyland Vacation 2008

California Adventures

Sea World

Breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen

Newport Beach and The Crab Cooker