Some of you may know of my love for photography. After Jer and I were married, I made a small business of it. I started by taking engagement portraits for couples. Then, quickly it became bridal shots, weddings, family pictures and so on. I loved it. This was all before the photography world went digital. My only struggle was the nerve of taking the photos and not knowing if they were going to be acceptable until the film was developed. Having a digital camera it is immediate satisfaction (or disappointment, but then you know to retake). As time went on, life became busy and I started to have less time for my "hobby." Things continued to change as far as photography equipment, processing and talent. Holy Cow has the talent out there increased! There are amazingly creative people in the world of photography and to be honest, I have increasingly become more and more intimidated.
Now that my little one is in school a couple of days a week this year (and on to Kindergarten next year), I have started to think a lot about what I want to be when I grow up. The thought of having a life outside of motherhood again is exciting yet a little scary. Even for the few hours a week that I have now, it's hard not to feel lonely as I run to the store or to the gym ALL BY MYSELF! There's going somewhere without the infant car seat and then on to going without the diaper bag, but to go somewhere without a child?
So the question on my mind has been beauty school or back to photography? I have wished for a lot of years that I had just gone to beauty school right out of High School. I would love to do hair and my how that could have helped through the years. But, obviously, I love to take pictures. So do I invest thousands into school or do I invest hundreds into updated photo equipment/training?
I went last Saturday and did family portraits for this cute family. (I think I was the only photographer at Murray Park using film - took my good ole Canon Rebel G 35mm). What do you think? Do I run with it or away from it?





Thanks again to Dallin, Susi and Blake for trusting me with my camera after so many years. It reminded me of how much I love it! And, you were so fun to photograph - darling little family!!
(And thanks to Lynsee for having the confidence in me to actually suggest me to friends)
8 comments:
I think you should run with it! I think they turned out great. I say you get all the updated equipment. Maybe you can ask Santa for some...
Whether you run with it or run from it, you're still running... and in my opinion running stinks.
Run, run, run. Love, Mom
Hey if you even know what the little flower or lightning bolt on cameras mean you are a photographer to me. You have seen my poor quality video.....Im a cameratard too!!!
The pics are great! Go for it! I started beauty school right out of high school and never finished, but I'm not disappointed. There is just so much more than just cuts, perms and coloring that I don't care to know:)
I think you should run with it but, I am learnning that photography is an extremly expensive hobby. I just bought my first professional camera and I think I will be paying for it for the rest of my life.
You've got some great shots! I think you should run with it! It helps if you love doing it too!
Wanna run (or fly) to Denver and take our family picture next year?
Serious.
You're talented.
Post a Comment