Friday, November 20, 2009

You're like my own personal brand of heroin

This week has been insanely busy and hectic, but I'm not complaining. And, I don't expect things to slow down given it's the end of November. I do love this time of year.

I'm not sure who put it in my head that I'm young enough to hang out until four in the morning with a bunch of crazy women but, I along with a million other people, went to New Moon last night. I can't even tell you about the movie. I guess it was good. It was two hours long and rather cheesy, but that was to be expected. What wasn't expected was the man sitting behind me. Who invited him? Seriously! An entire theatre full of vampire worshiping girls, moms, grandma's and then him! Besides the hair ball he was trying to cough up for 2+ hours, he actually "ow ow owed" Jacob when all the women did. And, when Bella decides to take a dive, he asks his wife "did she hit her head?" Dude. Did you read your ticket wrong? I think Planet 51 was in the next theatre over. Then there was a crazy woman sitting next to me. Okay so there were several, but April was hilarious. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Maybe she doesn't get out often enough. Or maybe it was the a.m. factor. And we actually let her drive.


So I got home at 4ish. By the time I wound down, checked on the kids, locked up the house and got to bed it was after 5am. I woke up at about 10:00 to kids asking me if I was going to get up today. Lucky for me, there was no school today. I would have been checking them all in several hours late. Once I got moving, I kicked it into high and started getting things ready for the boutique I had tonight. I took my bows and headbands n' stuff to Kandace's tonight. I got to her house at about 6pm and that's when my lack of sleep decided to hit. I was dragging. But, I managed and it worked out. I got home at about 10pm tonight (much better than last night). But, now it's after midnight and I'm the only person in the house not sleeping. What is up with that? You think I'm too busy day dreaming about Edward? Nah. I've decided Robert Pattison is much better looking as Cedric from Harry Potter. And perhaps Taylor Lautner should have stayed with Sharkboy and Lavagirl. At least in that he didn't have "small head big body syndrome" back then. It was a little weird watching him run around in tennis shoes and cut off jeans for 2 hours. My favorite line: "You cut your hair and got a tattoo?" Not "you mean you're a warewoof?" Oh, Stephanie Meyers. So what's funny is that I really loved the books. But, the movies are seriously so cheesy. It's all a little over rated anyway. So is In 'n' Out burgers. Just stick with Arctic Circle and Carl's Jr. Or consider eating at home once in a while. I know - that's pushing it.
Ok ok. Back to New Moon. Will I see it again? Probably. I can't go very long without looking at Charlie Swan's mustache.

p.s. I hated Alice's hair in Twilight, but I'm loving it in New Moon. I see myself getting my hair done.

5 comments:

cheers for chocolate said...

you loved and you know it!

The Sumsions said...

Ahh, the fun. Mandy is nuts about the entire Twilight series, so of course I went along for the ride. Me, I only kind of liked the books and I only kind of like the movies. I swear the 12 year olds yelling at those boys just annoyed me. At Twilight it cracked me up - this time just annoyed. Maybe because of the time. I will admit it was much, much better than Twilight. My problem is having two 11 year olds who really want to see it, and since the 13 rating, I have to see it first.

It was good to see you. I looked over to say hi to April but she ran away - so "hi" April.

Hendricksonblog said...

thanks for not posting the horrifically horrific pic. I didnt read your post until I wrote mine, I could have just cut and pasted some of it. Hi Angie and I know I didnt run because I was wearing flip flops and was half drunk. Not a running combination especially with my ankle issues.

Chad said...

I can't believe you are dogging In N Out. And in the middle of a Mormon vampire movie post? Shame on you.

Keri said...

I am so glad I got to know you better during this crazy adventure and you will forever be my partner in crime!!

Thank you to all these crazy ladies for a fun and memorable evening!

FIFTEEN Years

Independence Day 2008

Disneyland Vacation 2008

California Adventures

Sea World

Breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen

Newport Beach and The Crab Cooker