Thursday, December 10, 2009

{check}

1. Paint the house. {check}
2. Put the tree up. {check}



3. Go to Christmas Party wearing "ug" Christmas sweater. {check}

4. Pose for pictures in "ug" sweaters (or HO shirt). {check}

5. Snap a few fab pix of April. {check}
6. Take the youth to Temple Square in 9 degree weather. {check}
7. Make and deliver invitations to Erin's Birthday Party. {check}
8. Try to clear out some inventory by participating in a few boutique's. {check}
9. Deliver gifts to friends early enough that they can actually use them during the season. {check}
10. Cardboard up the sides of the gerbil cage so the babies don't try to crawl through the wire walls. {check}

....... and the list goes on......
Birthday shopping
Christmas shopping
Have a "friend" Birthday party for Erin
Have a "family" Birthday party for Erin and Jer (yup - he's havin' another one, too)
Take the kids to Temple Square
Read Christmas stories
Clean the house
Make divinity, toffee, pretzels, peppermint bark...
Attend the Ward Christmas dinner
Take Emma to other people's Ward Christmas Party's to dance
I seriously LOVE this time of year! It is crazy, but I love it. I love holding it over the kids all season: "Santa Claus is watching you!" Not that it helps, but it gives me something to threaten them with.
GERBIL UPDATE:
So these little monsters have been so much fun. They weren't exactly "cute" at birth, but look at them now. They have fur. They are cutting teeth and learning to walk. So entertaining. Their eye's still aren't open, but they are rubbing them a lot lately (which is supposed to be a sign that they will open soon). Lilly (mom) is quite the mother. She's been drinking a lot of water and running on her wheel so she looks amazing for giving birth to six babies just a few weeks ago. However, if she feels like being done with meal time, she just walks away and the babes end up strung throughout the cage because they stay latched on as long as possible. Zach is a great dad. He is always making sure their "nest" is fluffy and that they are warm. If Lilly walks away, he is right there doing a head count. We've named a few of them. There is only one girl: Molly. She looks exactly like her mama and she is such a bully. She doesn't put up with the boys. We have four boys (we lost one while in St. George so there's only five total now): Speedy, Snow Paw, three and four. We don't have names for the last two boys. Snow Paw is all black and has white on his two front paws - exactly like his dad. We will be looking for homes for the boys in the next couple of weeks. As you can see in the pictures, they are more than a handful. Jer has promised the kids that we can keep Molly - should be interesting to see how she does with Zach and Lilly once she get's to be their size.



9 comments:

Lisa said...

Yeah I used to just get up and walk away from feeding time too. (Boys falling by the wayside if need be!! Ashlyn having to pick up after me!!hahahah) No time for dillydallying. I mean business. I would name one of the little guys a boy/girl name like "Taylor" so when it actually turns out to be a girl it might be a little less traumatizing!! I still have a pang of sadness not going to walk the cold Christmas air with the youth still after all this time!!! I still want the picts from the party.

Julia said...

What night were you at Temple Square? We went Wednesday and there were tons of youth groups. Your to-do list is daunting, by the way. I'm just glad my kids are out of their pj's and have breakfast in their bellies.

Your friend is my sisters FAVORITE nurse! I have heard so many great things about her. Give her a hug from all of LuLu's family. I haven't met her, but I love her!

Chad said...

Way to get in the spirit of lists. Isn't it fun to check stuff off?

cheers for chocolate said...

name those babies Rat 1 and Rat 2!!

Hendricksonblog said...

uhhh, how about retarded pictures of April....check....what in the crap was soo funny? oh yeah everything....man that was fun. Thanks for the super cute countdown. I totally got visuals of lisas babies and her bb's. Thanks a lot Lisa. I agree with Mom....rats, all rats. You should have tried Zhu Zhus

Hendricksonblog said...

oh yeah did I say retarded pictures of April...check....?
Thanks for doing your calling and planning all of the great ward festivities. Keep up the good work.

Chad said...

Please tell me you did not just make fun of the name Zhu Zhu?

Hendricksonblog said...

Huh?

Aimee said...

You know that picture of u is anything but retarded, April. That was so stinking fun!!! Look at Jan behind u.

FIFTEEN Years

Independence Day 2008

Disneyland Vacation 2008

California Adventures

Sea World

Breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen

Newport Beach and The Crab Cooker