

So I'm not any more awake now than I was yesterday when I posted, but this seems to be the time of day that I can sit down and blog.
On Thursday last week, Erin got to have a VIP day at school. That is about when the celebrating started. Friday was spent making aprons, cleaning the house and stringing the Happy Birthday banner. Saturday was her "friend party." This was the first time Erin has been able to have a "friend party." She has spent a month planning. Who will come? Everyone. What will we do? We will have an "Iron Chef" Party. Initially, she was explaining to me that she would be sitting at her own table and her friends would cook for her and serve her. Who is this child? Instead, I talked her into having everyone do everything. As the kids arrived, she had them pick out an apron. From there, they decorated it with fabric markers and then colored a chef's hat. Once everyone was done with the getup, we played games, opened gifts and then frosted cupcakes.
The kids were so fun. I was super nervous about having that many little 4 and 5 year old kids here, but they were all so good. Erin was in heaven. She thought the idea of having all her friends over at once was like one huge play date. And, I tell you what, we will be good on play dates for the next couple of months. She's ready to have everyone over again. I had to make it very clear that they can definitely come over - one at a time.
Sunday was her actual Birthday (or her "real Birthday" as she would call it). She started out the day by telling me that since she can do whatever she wants on her Birthday, she wouldn't be going to church. Oh, Erin. Every Sunday morning we spend discussing Primary. I'm not sure what she has against it, but she was not going on her birthday. Little stink. She did go, but she didn't go to Primary so when they all sang to her and got out the "treat bucket" she wasn't there. She was mad at Josh and Emma for not getting her treat for her until I told her that she has to go to Primary to get the treat. Every December I find myself hoping that when they move to a new class she will actually go. Anyway, back to her Birthday. Sunday evening, we had her "family party." What's funny is that her friends are her cousins so there was a lot of overlapping, but oh well. She opted to have hot chocolate in the place of ice cream since it was supposed to snow on her Birthday. It was SO yummy. Jer made homemade hot chocolate with real milk and Andes mints with whip cream on top. She wasn't too interested in it when all the cousins were here, but as soon as they were gone and the family was settling in, she sat and dipped her peppermint sticks in it. She was in heaven!!
It was a great weekend (all except for the part that my baby is five). I survived it. Now hopefully when school starts next year and she goes to kindergarten, I will survive that. It feels like she was born yesterday and here we are celebrating her fifth Birthday. I do love her to pieces. I love having the one on one time with her. She is my entertainment. I need to make the most of it before she decides to leave me next year and be a big girl.
Happy Birthday, Erin! Thanks for being my little buddy every day when the kids and dad aren't home. You are my bestest friend. I hope that you will stay my best friend forever.

4 comments:
Loved the party..your party pix are great..by the way, where's my pupcake?
mmm Birthday cake.
Ash had a great time!! Really cute party. Way to go overachiever!!!
you should just lock her in the primary room and be mean like me, throw up an all.
Post a Comment