I am surely not old enough to have an eighteen year old, but am I old enough to have a twelve year old? What does this mean? It means big boy Scouts and Young Men's and passing the Sacrament. I'm not sure I am ready for this. There is no doubt that Josh is ready and has been. He has always been ready for the next step long before it comes.
So, he is big. He does big kid things. But, for some reason, he is going backwards in maturity. He is crazy. He is a lunatic. He is a weirdo. And, at times, he is embarrassing. But, his friends laugh. So, he does it more.
I did not get one "normal" picture from this Birthday. And the gifts he got from his friends when right along with the mood... dill pickles, spam and a card game that is for smart non colorblind kids.
There is only one cake for Josh on his birthday: chocolate sheet cake. He loves it so much, he prefers one all to himself. This is the one I made and he did share with his friends. On Wednesday (his actual bday) his grandma brought him his own. That one was hands off for everyone but Josh.
The geekness spread as the night went on.. even the girls were scaring me.
I would like to think that Josh had a good birthday. I didn't see him much on his actual birthday. He started by doing Safety Patrol at school... had donuts with his class... got out of school and went right to Scouts... came home and changed and went to Young Men's (he needed to finish up with the 11 year old scouts)... and then came home and chilled for an hour before bed. He is an on the go kind of kid.
If you ask him, the highlight of his Birthday was definitely becoming a deacon and passing the Sacrament. He got his Temple recommend that day so that we can take him to do baptisms for the dead. I honestly could not be more proud of Josh and the priorities he has. He is an awesome brother, son, grandson, student, scout and friend. Love you, Josh. (p.s. Thanks for the hug.. I know it was hard, but I appreciated it).
I would like to think that Josh had a good birthday. I didn't see him much on his actual birthday. He started by doing Safety Patrol at school... had donuts with his class... got out of school and went right to Scouts... came home and changed and went to Young Men's (he needed to finish up with the 11 year old scouts)... and then came home and chilled for an hour before bed. He is an on the go kind of kid.
If you ask him, the highlight of his Birthday was definitely becoming a deacon and passing the Sacrament. He got his Temple recommend that day so that we can take him to do baptisms for the dead. I honestly could not be more proud of Josh and the priorities he has. He is an awesome brother, son, grandson, student, scout and friend. Love you, Josh. (p.s. Thanks for the hug.. I know it was hard, but I appreciated it).
5 comments:
I know it was a wierd present, but we knew Josh would appreciate it!
What super kid?! Some of the pix were normal for him...he is awesome and Grandma B loves him tons!
Oh great now everyone knows it was my kid that gave him the cards he cant play. You forgot the present Logan gave u on your carpet. Seriously Josh having a birthday just ended up embarrassing for me.
Ps. Logan seems to have a craving for pickles all the time since that party. Interesting.
How did you two get such a good kid?
Holy crap you have a 12 year old!
Yay for Josh!! Ashley is SOOOOO ready to move into YW. She's practically counting down the minutes until her birthday in November. She was SUPER excited to find out the primary program will be the week AFTER her birthday, so she THINKS she doesn't have to be in it. We'll see:) I'm definitely old enough to have a 12 year old and I've the gray to prove it!
Post a Comment