We had Thanksgiving dinner at our house this year (which only happens about every ten years). It worked out this year because we didn't have a soccer tournament in St. George for the first time in a few years.
Jer and I can host for 12 without much stress (my brothers and their families were with other family this year). We had lot's of super yummy food, great homemade pies, treats, crafting and a little Rock Band (of course). It was so nice to chill all day with the fam.
This is Jer's happy place. If he isn't sitting with the drums, then he is with the keyboard on RB3.
Our favorite way to get to know someone is to make them play RB with us. Poor Rob. We made him try every instrument. He was a good sport and must have actually enjoyed playing a little 'cause he came back the next day.
Bryn is great with the vocals. She did okay on the drums too, but my favorite is her dancing.
She makes me laugh! She wanted me to put on Josh's shoes and I was busy cleaning up. So, I told her to try them.. and she did. And, she could even walk in them. She is so crazy.
I was bummed I didn't get a picture of us crafting while Lynsee was still here. She had a toddler under her feet the whole time so she decided to finish hers during nap time another day. My dad was a good sport and took pictures of us with our projects. We only fixed and adjusted about 30 times. There were other pictures that turned out cute, but it's funnier to post this one after all the posing. Besides, you're supposed to just look at how crafty we are.
The kids got to do their own crafts. Edible crafts. Yummy. And Josh had to cheese it up for this picture, so it will go in the wedding video stash. The kid is going to find out I wasn't kidding on his wedding day when all the geek pictures of him are up on the big screen.
Then there's Erin. Even at the end of the day with her hair falling out she is a princess. A princess with her turkey.
What a fun day... so thankful for my family and one more reason to get together and eat great food.
5 comments:
cute background...if fixed my blog just for you!!!
So is this Cari's guest? I hope she wont have to add one more to her dating disasters list.
The table setup looks a little overachieverish to me but to each his own huh?
Actually i want to eat the candy.
Awesome! I never thought of planning crafts for Thanksgiving . . . such a good idea!
Your post made me hungry, so I went and ate a bowl of rocky road ice cream. Just wanted to share that with you all.
What a fun day. Looks like a perfect party.
Post a Comment