
For a few years, I have noticed how many "stay at home mom's" have a business of their own. For a long time, I couldn't figure out why so many people thought that this was such a great thing. I guess for me, I love being a mom. I love that I don't have to get up early in the morning (its not like I like to sleep in or anything), go into work, punch in, answer to someone else.. you get the point. I love it. I have been blessed to be able to stay home with my kids. I love that I can do fun things with my kids (have you hung out with my kids?) and not feel like I am "stuck" home with them. So, why would I even consider having a business of my own? I decided to to jump on the wagon for one main reason: a creative outlet. That probably sounds silly to some. But, for me, I have always had some kind of hobby that helps me keep things balanced. I have always been a scrapbooker, I love to sew (but have never felt like I am very good at it), I look forward to the Bead Show every six months, and super Saturday at Enrichment (Jer likes this one as its usually free) is a definite favorite. Swiss Days in Midway (not so free), Utah is a crafters dream. If you have ever been, you know exactly what I mean. I always go with a small wad of cash, but the fun is really in wandering from booth to booth taking in the creativity. I am always amazed. With that said, I give you (drum roll please...)Pigtails and Petals. I have started a "creative outlet" for myself and thought I would share. My business blog is: http://www.pigtailsandpetals.blogspot.com/. I am in the process of setting up an Etsy account so that my "handmade items" can be purchased there. Until then, I will be doing boutiques and parties. I will keep the blog updated with dates and times but, for now, mark your calendars for this Saturday, August 2 and Thursday, August 14. My Favorite Things Boutique (another "creative outlet" of mine and Jamie's) is traveling! We will be at Alisha Bringhurst's on August 2nd from 10 am to 4 pm (7513 South Park Maple in West Jordan). And, Jenn Johnson is having an open house August 14 from 6 pm to 8 pm (2748 South 8500 West in Magna). For a sneak peek at what will be there, check out http://www.pigtailsandpetals.blogspot.com/.
1 comment:
I commented on your other blog, but I have to say again, Congratulations! I think that's great! I hope you love being your own boss as much as I have! Can a person order online?
Post a Comment