
Yesterday was my dad's 60th Birthday! He might not appreciate me announcing his age, but every time I tell people that we had a big party for him and that he just turned 60, people always respond with "Wow! Your dad is only 60? He is young!" So, I must hang out with people that are older than me or have older siblings because they always tell me that their parents are much older than 60.
Anyway, I have been much anticipating his Birthday! Over a year ago, he came to Jer and I and asked us to find a restaurant that would be fun to go to with the whole family. He said the only thing he wanted was to be with his family for this "Big One." So, yesterday we met down town and did family photos and then had dinner at The Roof Restaurant. It was super fun and seemed to end up just how dad wanted it to.
A couple of months ago, I wrote a letter to anyone I could think of that has had any kind of relationship with my dad. I asked them to write a letter to him and send me any photos. I compiled everything into one book and had it printed through a company online. This picture is of him looking at it. It turned out great! A big thanks to everyone that participated. He loves it.
6 comments:
hey, great picture...who's the hottie with yer dad? Good job, Aim, things couldn't have been better. Luf ya, Mom
Happy Birthday Aimee's dad!
What's the name of the company that did the book for your dad? I have been wanting to do something like that to send to Matt's mom for Christmas.
What a great gift idea for your Dad. I love that kind of super meaningful gifts. I'd be interested in the name of the company you used to make that, too.
What a cute idea. I don't know how you find time to do all those cute crafty things you do. I agree with the comments above, we need more info on that book.
Hey All - the company I used is Shutterfly. They did an awesome job and it was so fast once I turned the order in. It was fun creating it and the website is very user friendly: shutterfly.com.
Aimee- I was really excited to find your blog amazing through a classmates blog (Mark Johnson who I think is related to Diane and Allen, and then through Stacie) Anyway, you look great! You haven't changed a bit since I saw you last, and it's been awhile! Your family is beautiful, and it looks like you are doing great! I love the idea you had for your dad's birthday, you must have put a ton of time into it! I notice we both have Aryn's (or Erin in your case!) Your mom and dad look amazing! I can't believe your dad is 60, he sure doesn't show it! I would love to hear from you sometime!
Mandy (your cousin!)
Post a Comment