Does it get any better than this? I think I can truly call myself a "soccer mom" when I spend all week sitting at the soccer field for practice and still look forward to the games on the weekend! I have an awesome soccer mom tan, too (very similar to a farmer tan). You should see the lines from my watch!
While our days and nights are very busy, I am loving being a mom more and more every day. (If you ask Jer, it's because I have been out "with the girls" for the last three weekends scrapbooking .. that's why I can say I love being a mom). We spend all but Monday nights at either soccer, tumbling or Scouts. And, I am sure it will only get crazier as life goes on. Jer just accepted a new calling on the Activity's Committee last Sunday so now we will be juggling things like church sports and the Annual Soup and Pie Social, too. How fun is that? (Ask Jer how fun that is next time you see him! He is so social.. he can't wait to get things rolling). But I know (as well as the Lord knows - obviously) that he is perfect for that calling. Word must've gotten out that he plays ball with the boys.. and that he is a fantastic cook. But, for him, it's all business.
I had to post these great pictures from Josh's game last Friday. Anyone that complains about sitting at a soccer game like this is crazy! It was a perfect 75 degrees outside with gorgeous rainbow across the valley. And to top it off, Josh scored his first goal of the season! He was all smiles! We are off to another game in about an hour (as soon as he gets home from a Scout activity) and today he is the starting keeper. He loves playing keeper (because he rocks), but man it's fun to score, too! His coach is awesome because he lets Josh have the best of both worlds. He usually plays Keeper one half and offense the other half.
Wish him luck at the Presidents Cup! It's next week. They will be playing four or five tournament games in addition to the league games. Good thing we love sitting on the soccer field!
No comments:
Post a Comment