There are only two years that Jer and I have ever missed the State Fair in the last twelve. First, in 1998, Josh was born so we spent the week of the fair in the hospital. And second, in 2002, we were in California celebrating Josh's fourth birthday with Mickey Mouse.
So, here we are in 2008, and it is more fun than ever. Everything is better with kids. (Okay - you got me, not everything.) Holidays, vacations, Disney Movies, parades, and the State Fair.. those are some of my favorite things with my kids. When I was a kid, I remember going to the fair and just taking everything in. I remember seeing The Jets in concert (does that age me?). And, at that concert, the whole Osmond family was sitting in the front row. I remember (very well) my mom freaking out over The Osmonds.. not The Jets. When I went to the fair as a teenager/adult, I started to enjoy the photography, the home grown produce, the quilts, and the entertainment. Now, I simply enjoy watching my kids take everything in.
I'm sure you all know by now that Emma is my nature girl. It has most definitely rubbed off on Erin, but Erin is not as fearless as Emma. Emma has never hesitated to pick up a worm or chase a stray kitty. One of my favorite pictures of Emma is of her sitting at a lake up by the cabin watching all the fishermen. She could be entertained for hours with that sort of thing. So, while we were all at the fair Friday night, I wanted to especially share with you my Emma at the fair. You'd have thought we were in a candy store!
5 comments:
UGH!!! OH EMMA A SNAKE?? i LOVE YOU
What a brave girl with that snake! Does she have goals to be a vet when she grows up. Those are sweet pictures. She seems to be loving it!
HOLY CRAP EMMA...you said you were holding a snake not WEARING one!
EWWWW!!! I love the Fair and I am glad your family came to see me and all the other goofy things there. Grama B
I think you might have a vet on your hands, Aimee!
I agree with Julia! Emma wearing a snake!
Post a Comment