Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sweet Baby




Since the big kids have gone back to school, Erin and I are not having a hard time finding things to do during our days without them. In fact, it seems like we have been running non-stop since September 1st. I'm not sure why it feels like that.. I'm quickly gaining all the weight back that I lost last winter. I feel like I am busy, but maybe my age is just catching up.


So Erin has school on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Miss Katie's. That leaves a lot of other days each week that she is starving for stimulation. Since I have been attending Story Time at the County Library since Emma was a toddler, I may as well keep it up for Erin. She is as shy as they come and doesn't run around dancing and yelling at the books (like some might), but I know she loves it. Okay, so it's probably not Story Time that she loves. It's time with her cousins. Last year we went with Hanah (now Hanah goes to pre-school on those days). This year, we have been going with Noah, Cameron, Abbie and Jackson. Of course, Story Time ends with a little craft (and then lunch at Micken Donalds).


Last week, Erin couldn't get enough of her sweet cousins. So, since Noah was ready for a nap, Cameron came home with us for a little "play date." Erin is such a sweet mom. ;) She fed him, changed him, snuggled with him while they watched a movie, took a nap with him, sang to him, combed his hair.. and posed for a few pictures.


Yesterday, I was getting ready for the day and Erin was sitting just outside the bathroom playing with her baby. She was doing a lot of the same things with this baby as she had done with Cameron. Then, it got quiet for a minute..


mom: "Whatcha doing, Erin?"


Erin: "I'm just playing with my baby. I just wish we had a real baby, mom. Everybody else has a real baby. How come you're not growing one in your belly?"


mom: "I guess you are my baby, Erin. I don't need to grow another one when I have you!"


Erin: "I'm just a big girl now, though, mom. You can't buy babies. You just hafta grow one. I really want you to grow one so I can have a real baby at our house."


Isn't that the cutest thing? She almost makes me think about having another one. If I could get a guarantee that the next would be as wonderful as she has been, I might consider it. But, as for now, she is right.. everyone else does have a real baby! We have so many in our family right now that we can play with one anytime! And our ward has had like seventeen new ones since we moved in last year! So for now, play dates it is!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I vote for another one!:) Your kids are all too great not to want another!!:) However I would never want anyone to feel like they need to have more kids...speaking from experience!:)

PS Love time no see. Hope you are liking your new calling.

Steph said...

So cute! Thanks again for taking him! Anytime you need a baby fix you just let me know!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Aimee,your mom just blogged to me, said your a big scrapbooker whoo hooo must see your work! You've got cute kids! Come check mine out too! -cuz. Emily

Stephanie said...

Cute, cute, cute. She is darling and so sweet with her cousin? Does baby hungry ever leave? I hope so, cause I can only handle so many of those cute little bundles.

Hendricksonblog said...

Now I will know where to send mine.

FIFTEEN Years

Independence Day 2008

Disneyland Vacation 2008

California Adventures

Sea World

Breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen

Newport Beach and The Crab Cooker