Thursday, October 2, 2008

9th Row







Last Saturday night, we took the kids to the Circus at the Energy Solutions Arena (the Delta Center if you ask me). Considering I haven't been myself since I was 2 years old, it was AMAZING! We had so much fun! Jer kept telling us (the kids and me) that we were in for a big surprise. He kept trying to explain that you have no idea how great it is until you see it.


Friday, we went downtown to buy the tickets. To our surprise, the Saturday show was nearly sold out. There were front row seats available at $84 each, but only four together (we needed 5). So, the other option was nose bleed heaven. We were in the upper balcony, but on row 5 so we thought it would be ok considering it was only about $80 this way for all five tickets.


All we could think about all day on Saturday was going to the Circus. Erin and Emma couldn't wait to see the elephants. And Josh was just excited. He wasn't sure what to expect. We got there in plenty of time and took the stairs up to the nose bleed heaven section. We found our seats and sat down. I turned to do a head count of the kids and found that one of them (we will leave names out of this story) crying and holding on to the chair for dear life. I immediately went over to sit by my scared of heights child (I had no idea). I tried to talk him/her out of having a full on panic attack, but it wasn't going to work. So, Jer took this child (very carefully) outside the arena and sat at the table for a while trying to calm nerves. They shared a nacho and waited for a bright idea to come to either one of them before the show started. About 3 minutes into the show, Jer decided to let me stay with the other two kids while he found a way to entertain our fear of heights child. As he came into the arena to tell me his plan, the usher asked him what was going on. He explained our situation and before we knew what to think of everything.. we were being escorted down to the 9th row! The whole family! It was amazing. We were dead center at eye level. The girls couldn't have been any closer to the elephants! And Josh never wiped his smile off his face! What a fun night!

So, something that could have been horrible, turned into a great night for all of us. Thanks to the employees at the ESA! Apparently, they plan for things like that and keep lower seats available. How cool is that?!

4 comments:

Steph said...

That is awesome!! I love the circus...I think I love it...I haven't been since I was 7! Love the pics...Jer is smiling! (A rare thing for a Johnson boy!!!)

The Sumsions said...

You're protecting that identity pretty well, which makes me think it was Jer. I knew he was afraid of heights. Cry baby - and blaming it on those poor innocent kids who look like they're having nothing but fun!

Anonymous said...

I think Angie might be right. I think it was Jeremy. He He He.

Stephanie said...

How fun and how nice of them! I'm glad to hear it was wonderful. We have tickets to go next Saturday here in Denver! Hooray!

FIFTEEN Years

Independence Day 2008

Disneyland Vacation 2008

California Adventures

Sea World

Breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen

Newport Beach and The Crab Cooker