We started early this time - Thursday was the beginning of our weekend. We had a babysitter over and Jer and I went to the early showing of Star Trek. Two things: 1. I love serving in the YW in our ward - it provides amazing babysitters. 2. Not being a "trekkie," I loved the movie. I am a movie lover. Even if it's a movie that I haven't been dying to see, I figure it is a date and a bucket of popcorn. However, Star Trek was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. I won't spoil it for all of you that haven't seen it yet - all three of you. Jer was ready to pay to see it again right then (but instead made the mistake of seeing Wolverine). He is a "trekkie" and loved it even thought the Enterprise was "shiny." Lol! (That was for you, Mom)
Friday was fun because Jer took the day off work. We "bummed" all day with Erin. We have to tell her we are "bummin" 'cause if we tell her we are running errands, she thinks we are running Erins. So confusing for a four year old. Our day actually went longer than intended and we didn't get home until the two older kids had walked home to no parents and a locked door. When we found them, they were at Grandma B's house. I had assumed that is where they would go so it didn't take long to find them, but they were a little disappointed when I wanted them to come home after such a long walk to get there.
We spent our evening at Joel and Jame's house for Cambree's birthday party. They had an enormous Jump House so the kids spent hours out in it (along with Paul and Joel). And, as usual, Emma begged to have a sleep over - she didn't win this time.
Saturday was crazy busy. The kids had a primary activity at the Ivie's farm. Josh was a little unsure about the whole idea, but when it was time to leave he had to introduce me to every animal. Emma was attached to a baby lamb, which was cute (and also very predictable). I knew it wouldn't be easy to get her out of there. She is a farm girl thru and thru.
Next was Soccer game #1. We played in Herriman against the Blue Knights. That was a fun game to watch (especially when Josh did some funky roll on the field to block the ball). We won that game and then immediately headed to Park City for the next game. We had just enough time to sit at a picnic table and eat our samwichs we had packed. Oh yah - and to stop at Beyond Glaze. This place deserves a blog post of it's own - look at the picture. Not only were they beautiful, they were delicioco! (I don't really speak spanish - I just watch Dora)
We played PC Extreme at the most beautiful field we have ever played on. The grass was green (and manicured like a golf course), the ground was flat, the sun was shining and the boys were pumped. It was a full sized field and the air was a little thin so we chuckled a little on the sidelines as the boys sucked air. The Extreme team was amazing and they scored some beautiful points on us, but USA dominated. They lost but only after Josh scored one amazing goal from 18 yards away. I'm so mad at myself for not getting a picture of him celebrating. There is nothing in this world that compares to his smile after scoring a goal. I love it! He runs to the middle of the field to celebrate with his team and it is "literally" the only time I see that smile on his face!!
(above) the goal
By the time we were ready to go home, it was 6:30p.m. and we were all tired and sunburned! We fed the kids and crashed early.
Sunday was great. I am one mom that loves Mother's Day. I have the best kids and a hubby that goes out of his way to make me happy from dawn until dusk. (He goes out of his way to make me happy 365 days a year, but only on Mother's Day do I get eggs Benedict in bed with homemade hollandaise sauce). The kids took all morning before church to make special "free hug" coupons for me. All day they pampered me. Later we went to see the grandma's and gave them Mother's Day kisses. It was fun to see all the cousins and do a little catching up.
Ma and Me on Mother's Day
Even though today was Monday and back to school, work and laundry, we did have clogging and soccer (which are both things we look forward to). It was Emma's last practice before Nationals at Lagoon. And, it was Josh's second to last game of the season. It kills me to not be there, but I do love watching Emma dance. Tonight was another win for Josh's soccer team. And- another adrenaline rush for Jer. He loves coaching Josh. I think he is going to go crazy when the games are over. He will probably make them practice 5x a week just so that he can get his fill.
We are looking forward to next weekend - it will be just as crazy as always. I will hafta take lotsa pictures at Lagoon and make Jer do the same at the soccer game.
4 comments:
Ain't life grandioso!!!
If you post more often you don't have to make them so long!
K, my head is spinning! You guys are always on the go. Thanks for torturing me with that donut picture.
phew...that was a lot of stuff going on!! it seems like forever since we have really talked!! hate it! P.S. they get those donuts for us here at work...yummy!!!
Post a Comment