We are fans of Diners, Drive-In's and Dives on the Food Network. If you have seen the episode when Guy is in Salt Lake City, you've seen the behind the scenes of Moochies. That is one place Guy went to that we had never been. So, Friday night we took the kids to try it out. Oh my yum! It was AMAZING! Jer had been there for lunch with work buddies, so he knew not to order a sandwhich for everyone - they are HUGE! Sharing is surely the key. They have the best philly cheese I have ever tasted! Erins meal (spaghetti w/ 1/2 a meatball) was only $2.99 and fed her all weekend. Emma is a fan of meatball sandwiches and has tried them at just about everywhere they have them. This one was out of this world. It was beyond messy. She's not exactly our "neatest" kid - put a meatball sandwich in front of her and she was practically bathing in it. Here's the info if you are interested in a quick and inexpensive night out - http://www.moochiesmeatballs.com/
After dinner, we started to Costco. Another weekend favorite. When we pulled up, Emma noticed that the Animal Adoption Fair was going on across the street. She had seen a commercial on t.v. and was ecstatic when she realized we were there. So we ventured over to a tent full of homeless barking dogs. And then into the building of shedding homeless cats. This is heaven to Emma. Josh was sneezing, eyes watering and ready to freak out within minutes. We couldn't get Emma out of there. She found kitties. Two were adopted and the last one was immediately her new attachment.
Saturday was an adventure. It was another one of those days when the boys went one way and the girls went the other. I had a youth service project at 8:30am. It was cancelled due to the weather. So, Jer and Josh were off to the Scout-0-Rama at the South Towne Expo Center. Josh got a kick out that. He got to test a seat belt.. and what it feels like to crash at 5mph. They ran into friends from the old ward, high school and even old buddies from Silver Moccasin.
While the boys were "Scouting," the girls went to the church for a couple of Emma's friends baptisms. MeShelle and Abby were both baptised. It was so fun for Emma and Erin to go and support them. I think Emma had fun being on the other side this time. Abby's mom suggested that at the end of the year, all the girls wear their white dresses to church. We'll have to coordinate that - there are so many in our ward. I love it. I think we have 13 baptisms this year. You can't ask for better kids for yours to grow up with.
At 2:00 we headed to Herriman for a soccer game. It started out ok as far as the weather. Thought we might get lucky - and then the big black clouds rolled in. The girls moved quickly from the back of the van to the heated sheltered inside of the van. The boys played hard regardless - and tied at 3.
These pictures make it look like it was blue sky's and all smiles. About 30 seconds after I took this, the black cloud moved over us and it was wet, cold, muddy and typical soccer weather.
Today was not any less busy. I woke up to the alarm and immediately noticed Jer was already up - or so I thought. He had actually been up all night with the flu and at one point fell asleep on the bathroom floor. Not good. Normally not a big deal to get the flu - sucks but it passes and you survive. But, given the pig flu epidemic, I was a little worried. I woke him up and got him back to bed. From there, I got the kiddoes movin' and we left Jer in bed and went to Brynlee's baby blessing. Yes, I actually got myself and three kids ready and out the door by 8:30 this morning. And that was bathing all of us because we were slackers and didn't do it last night.
So, Brynlee babe was blessed by her daddy and it was a rather entertaining meeting. While there were some very touching testimonies born, it was SO LOUD! I thought we lived in a young ward (I feel like the old lady in our ward). But, there were seriously so many kids. . . babies. We all went to Devin's parents for breakfast after. Fortunately, Devin's mom is a school lunch lady - for more than one reason. A. she makes great food (and everything is cut up in small pieces for small fingers) and B. she has some serious patience when it comes to having a house full of kids.
And, finally, tonight was Atley and Gauges birthday party with the family. I wasn't sure I was going to make it having a flu infected husband and a weekend of trying to keep my kids under my thumb. But, the girls and I made it there after all. Gauge was worth the drive - he is 2 and everything is a big deal to him. Okay - everything having to do with cars or trains... or opening presents. After a couple of hours, I decided to leave the girls there to come home with grandma and grandpa. I was partied out and they were just getting started.
So now it's after midnight and I am getting a start on the laundry so that everyone has something to wear tomorrow. If it would ever warm up a little, I wouldn't have to keep washing the couple of long pants that still fit the kids. I am refusing to buy more long pants when summer is right around the corner. So, even if it means teaching the kids how to do the zipper up with a hanger, I will not buy new long pants until they stop having growth spurts. . . or until it's fall - whichever one comes later than sooner. Until next time - tah tah for now.
4 comments:
your weekend made me tired
Oh the joys of parenthood!
Seriously, your girls have THE BEST HAIR! I'm so jealous. Anyway we're trying Moochies tonight. Thanks for the suggestion.
You are always such a busy Mom! Glad I can add to that chaos soon! I love the pic of Erin and Bryn! They're soo cute! I'm so glad she loves her so much and is your helper.
Post a Comment