
Last February, Jer gave me my very own laptop. It's been so nice to have. Not fighting the kids for the computer. Being able to blog while in bed. Playing Bejeweled any ole time I want. And, once in a while, using it for something productive. However, the mouse button started to stick. It's really hard to get the high score on Bejeweled when it takes three or four tries before it actually selects the jewel. So, we decided to take advantage of the "great" warranty it came with. Yep, Jer bought it at Best (worst) Buy so we were excited to just take it in to the Geek Squad and have 'er fixed. Easy enough. Huh. Not so much. I don't remember the initial drop off day. But, I do know that it was supposed to be ready to pick up on August 18. Around August 20th, Jer called and asked if it was ready. Then he called on August 21st, 22nd, 23rd........ you get the point. Finally, they tell us it's ready. Jer gets there to pick it up and they tell him their "guy" cracked the board. So they "would like to replace it so that (we) are satisfied with the job they've done." We left without it. Waited a week. Started calling. Waited some more. Finally, it was ready. We picked it up and, honestly, I didn't even get a chance to look at it until I was going to bed that night. I plugged in the cord and it did nothing. No power. No light indicating it was charging. NOTHING. Besides the fact that it looked like a ten year old lap top when I got it back, it didn't freaking work. So, the next day, Jer took it back in. Being the nice guy that he is, he hands it back to them and trusts that it really will be fixed this time. And, that it will be expedited this time. "No longer than a week." By now, it's about September 10. Jer waits. By about the 17th, he calls. Julie is not in (the "wonderful" manager "helping" us). Monday, September 21, Jer calls. Gosh. They just don't know where my computer is or why it's not back from Chumba Whumba. This time, without me cheering him on in the background, Jer let's them know how UNhappy we are. We were told that if no computer by today, Wednesday, we will be able to come in and pick up a new computer. Then when mine comes back from Timbuktu, I can take the new one in and they will transfer my files from the old one. How nice. Yah. We'll see what Julie has to say tomorrow when I show up - if she happens to be working.
The kicker: We actually purchased two computers the day we got my laptop. Mine and a new desk top for the family. It doesn't work right now either. But, we can't very well take both in at the same time and be completely without. So, we ask the Geek Squad for some troubleshooting suggestions. They tell us it will be no biggie - "bring it in." Bottom line - we purchased two new HP Computers in February and have been using our old WalMart Compaq desktop since the end of July. Good thing we kept it. I think we will go back to purchasing our electronics at WalMart.
2 comments:
Convert to MAC, all your problems will go away.
Amen Chad
Post a Comment