In March, Tash moved in permanently. She got her first job.
In April, she was baptized. She smiled in a way I had never seen before. True happiness.
In May, we had family pictures taken. She learned how to drive.
In June, we went to Girl's camp. She was a leader and gave her first "devotional." She learned how to cook dutch oven chicken.
In July, we went to Youth Conference. She danced with a 15 year old at the dance.. we laughed. The adoption was finalized.
In August, school started. She registered for drivers ed, seminary and got into the CNA program for next semester. She gave her first talk in Sacrament meeting.
In September, she was made first counselor in the Laurels class. She proudly told everyone her brother would be passing the sacrament for the first time. She went to the Utah State Fair for the first time.
In April, she was baptized. She smiled in a way I had never seen before. True happiness.
In May, we had family pictures taken. She learned how to drive.
In June, we went to Girl's camp. She was a leader and gave her first "devotional." She learned how to cook dutch oven chicken.
In July, we went to Youth Conference. She danced with a 15 year old at the dance.. we laughed. The adoption was finalized.
In August, school started. She registered for drivers ed, seminary and got into the CNA program for next semester. She gave her first talk in Sacrament meeting.
In September, she was made first counselor in the Laurels class. She proudly told everyone her brother would be passing the sacrament for the first time. She went to the Utah State Fair for the first time.
In October, she ran away.
I will never understand. I've decided to stop trying. I just wanted to post this so that I can find a way to have closure. We are all hurting. The wound is still wide open.
We love you, Tash. Always will. No matter what you say or do - we love you and you can't change that.
8 comments:
That was just so simple and dear. I'm so sorry for your loss. I did not know Tash very well, but I do know what you guys did for her and no matter what may happen she deep down will never forget either. I will keep your family in my prayers that this wound will be healed and your family be eased.
Heartbreaking. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Aimee, I am so sorry! If there is anything that you need please let me know.
Yep.....shoulda stopped reading with the title. Crap!!!
That post is perfect but a very sad perfect.
They actually have a diagnosable syndrome or something for how she can just not connect with anyone and just turn it off like that. Makes me wonder.
Okay typing all that just helped me a little, now I will go back to the dang pinewood derby.
Luff ya
sweetly said
I didn't cry, but it was still a bummer to read. So sorry for you guys.
Aimee, I have been following your blog and really don't know all of the circumstances, however, I do know that you LOVE Tash. If nothing else, please remember that she FELT that love!! You have planted a seed that will continue to blossom at some point. YOU have been an instrument in our Heavenly Father's hand and He is pleased. "Well done, my faithful servant!" Hang in there. Know that prayers are being sent your way and that you are AMAZING. Thank you for the example that you have been in my life!! Lots of love, DeAynne
Post a Comment