Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Day

All I can think is that we must've done a really good job of wearing the kids out on Christmas Eve. They crashed early and Christmas morning came and no one moved. Jer and I waited.. and waited.. and at about 8am woke them up. I love Christmas morning! And can I tell you how much fun it is to have a four year old? I love her!
He actually posed for the camera!
Do you think she got what she asked for?

Erin: "Mom! Santa knowed! This is what I've been wanting!"

When the kids finished opening all 2000 gifts from Santa, they noticed something over in the corner with an envelope and a bow on it. It was a letter from Santa. It was "hinting" around taking care of something.. giving them a good home.. When they uncovered the "something" there were two gerbils in a cage! Santa is so sneaky! The kids were freaking out! Emma kept saying "I can't believe Santa gave us real pets, mom!" She told Jer and I later that if she hadn't gotten anything else, she would be happy with just the gerbils! They are two boys so the kids decided to name them Zac and Cody. . . one is smarter than the other.

Another tradition we have is going to the J's Christmas morning for breakfast. It's always so fun at grandma J's when everyone is there. The four kids that were born within one year are all 3 turning 4 this year. It's so entertaining with all of them together. It gets a little crazy.

The whole crew!

Josh.. another happy picture!
Since Grandma J. is the mother of boys, she loves to spoil her granddaughters. Every year she gives each of them a Madam Alexander doll. The girls look forward to it because they know that means they can get all of them out and look at them.. that only happens once a year. (I have to keep them hidden or they would be played with like all the other babies.)
This year Emma got this cute doll from the book The Secret Garden. Some others she has from grandma include: Heidi, Goldilocks, Little Red Riding Hood, Pollyanna, and some from different countries.
Erin, Emma, Hanah (Sadie is our other sweet girl)
The four 3/4 year olds!
(Erin, Hanah, Noah, Aiden)
Erin got a PlayDoh ice cream maker. It was quite a hit with all the grandkids!
Josh, Seth, Noah
Brady with his cute boys.

2 comments:

Brian said...

What a dang cute fam. I tell you your kids are some of the cutest around.

Hendricksonblog said...

Whatever Lisa, mine are.
You guys need to have more kids. My family christmas party would not even fit half the kids in the photo. Why isnt anyone throwing wadded up wrapping paper into the ceiling fan or at other peoples heads? Hmmmmm?

FIFTEEN Years

Independence Day 2008

Disneyland Vacation 2008

California Adventures

Sea World

Breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen

Newport Beach and The Crab Cooker