I don't always do the "coolest" things for Family Home Evening, but this week I was trying for some brownie points. I got the kids a Gingerbread House Kit at Sam's Club. Thought it would be fun and you can't beat $9 for a whole night of entertainment and "quality" time together. Ha ha. From the moment the box was open, it was fighting and arguing and pushing and grabbing. . . need I go on? So, two or three days later, when the kids started asking if they could eat the darn thing, I didn't stop them. Figured it was no big loss if they wanted to destroy it. But, my kids don't know how to simply take a piece of candy off and eat it. They take the knife and start "carving" away. Then, they decide it would be amusing to "collect" the crumbs it makes in cups. How many cups does it take to hold an entire Gingerbread House? Jer called the whole incident "gross." I'm not sure what to call it.
Monday, December 8, 2008
The Wise Man Built His House Upon a Gingerbread Cookie
I don't always do the "coolest" things for Family Home Evening, but this week I was trying for some brownie points. I got the kids a Gingerbread House Kit at Sam's Club. Thought it would be fun and you can't beat $9 for a whole night of entertainment and "quality" time together. Ha ha. From the moment the box was open, it was fighting and arguing and pushing and grabbing. . . need I go on? So, two or three days later, when the kids started asking if they could eat the darn thing, I didn't stop them. Figured it was no big loss if they wanted to destroy it. But, my kids don't know how to simply take a piece of candy off and eat it. They take the knife and start "carving" away. Then, they decide it would be amusing to "collect" the crumbs it makes in cups. How many cups does it take to hold an entire Gingerbread House? Jer called the whole incident "gross." I'm not sure what to call it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Gingerbread houses are my kids favorite part of the holiday.
I call it hilarious! Let this be a lesson that each child MUST have their own gingerbread house, no matter the cost. What's 20 bucks when mom can have her sanity and the kids can decorate in peace. Ah, what do I know? Kids can always find something to argue about! Happy Holidays!!!
I can't stand the Gingerbread house ordeal. But Lisa insists on it. I love to see a good gingerbread house get destroyed!
Post a Comment