Monday, March 9, 2009

America(n) On Stage

Emma has been asking to take clogging forever! So here's the interesting thing: I couldn't find an actual clogging class - they were all jazz/tap/combo classes. Now she's almost 8 and she had her first clogging competition Saturday (after only starting in December, mind you) and I found out that there are a lot of cloggers out there! Where were they all when she started asking 3 years ago? I'm so glad we finally found the teacher we did. April and I stumbled upon Jenny Powers with Xtreme Clogging while sitting at tumbling with the girls one night. We jumped on the opportunity and I'm so glad we did. Emma and Ella had so much fun at Thanksgiving Point. And, they surprised April and I by knowing their dance! The other girls in their class have been learning the dance since September, but Ella and Emma started in December. I am so proud of Emma - but even more, I'm glad she had fun. I have figured out that each child is so different and sometimes you have to try a lot of things before they find out what they really want to do. I think Emma has decided clogging is her thing.
They took 1st in Solo's and 2nd in Team. (April and I are guessing everyone took 1st and 2nd, but no need to tell the girls. They give all the soccer players the MVP Award and no one complains.)




3 comments:

Lisa said...

I love the pic of her with her hands on her hips. She looks so grown up. That seems like a lot of fun.

Julie W said...

Clogging is so fun! I always wanted to learn when I was in elementary school. I can see the differences in my girls too. Lexi loves the hip hop style dance, where as Ashley likes the more graceful creative dance and ballet.

Hendricksonblog said...

Thanks for that last video with Ella at the end watching all the other girls feet, that made me smile

FIFTEEN Years

Independence Day 2008

Disneyland Vacation 2008

California Adventures

Sea World

Breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen

Newport Beach and The Crab Cooker