Emma was due on April 6, 2001. She was born almost 3 weeks early, on March 14, 2001. She was born at LDS Hospital at 2:30 in the afternoon and weighed 7 lbs. 4 oz. (Good thing she came early - who knows how much she would have weighed by April 6th). She was going to be named Erin, however, when she was born, she didn't look like an Erin. We named her Emma Louise and gave her sister the name Erin four years later.
Emma got a new set of scriptures! She is official! Even as young as she is, Emm reads her scriptures every night and never forgets to take them to church.
Group hug! McKayly, Erin, Emma, Kailee, Caelan
Emm had a "princess party." The girls got to put make-up on and had fancy hair up-do's! Cari brought her Mary Kay supplies - they LOVED it!

If you know Emma, you know that she is a little beauty with a beast nestled inside. She definitely has a personality of her own. I am terrified of the teenage years with her. Hopefully before she turns 13, the screaming and stomping and slamming of doors wears off.
Here are eight things I adore about Emma:
8. Emma is the most compassionate and affectionate person ever! She loves everyone and meshes with people of all ages. Her best friend is her four year old sister, yet one of her favorite things to do is hang out with her grandma. She has two grandmas and three great grandma's and I have countless pictures of her loving them.
7. Another love Emma has is for animals. She collects FurReal Animals and has 13 of them now. But, I know if she had it her way she would have 13 real pets. Her dream is to work with animals in some way when she is older. As soon as she is 14, she can work at Hogle Zoo. Most kids look forward to getting their drivers licence, but not Emma. She just wants to be old enough to work at the Zoo.
6. Her hair. I know this is a silly thing, but I do. I love the girls hair. I always had thin straw like hair when I was young. She has a full head of gorgeous, thick hair.
5. Her giggle. This is something I can take credit for. My nickname when I was little was "Giggles." She definitely could take the name. It's contagious when she gets going.
4. Her talents. Emma is a natural at a lot of things.
3. I love Emma's love notes. I don't know that a day goes by that I don't get at least one love letter from her.
2. I love that Emma is a daddy's girl. Still, at eight years old, she loves one on one time with her dad. She loves to have "movie night" with the family so that she can snuggle with her dad.
1. And the number one thing I love about Emma is ... drum roll ... the dimple in her smile.
Happy Birthday, Emma Lou!
note to family members: Emma will be baptized on Saturday, March 28. I will send invites with where and what time.
3 comments:
Happy B-day Emma!!!!
Love Neve and Ella (and their lame mom and the cute boy that sits near you in class (:)
She really is adorable! What a cute little post about her. Happy B-day!
Super cute! How exciting!
Post a Comment