Thursday, March 26, 2009

Only In Utah

It's March 26 and I think the high today was 31 degrees. And, with the wind chill factor, it felt like 18 degrees. Hello! Last week the golf courses were full. This week they are covered in icy cold frozen snow. We fertilized the lawn Saturday. Josh started soccer practice three weeks ago and it's been canceled as many times as they've had it.

Call me a hypocrite. A couple of weeks ago I was loving the idea of daffodils and tulips popping up through the snow. Now I am cursing it. I went out to get in the van the other day to pick up the kids from school (4 o'clock in the afternoon) and noticed a potato bug crawling through the snow on the driveway. This morning, I had to scrape the windows of the car (after opening my frozen doors to get the scraper). The kids stood and watched a bird pull a worm from the frozen ground. The birds are chirping, but I am bundled up with ski gloves and snow boots! I don't know whether to leap with Spring Fever or curl up in a ball under a blanket with a cup of soup.

Yesterday, there was a segment on the Today Show all about "spring cleaning." Who could possibly be in the mood for spring cleaning? I would love to get out and clean my garage, but it's too freaking cold!

So, what does one do in March when it's in like a lamb and out like a lion? I finished a 550 piece puzzle, sewed 3 aprons and 3 scripture bags, spent hours on the Internet learning to scrapbook digitally, bought a lot of cleaning supplies (and never used them), watched Twilight on Blue Ray three times in two days, experimented with hair styles on my four year old, dropped my new Blackberry in the tub while bathing my baby, purchased a ton of "summer" clothes for the kids and hung them in the closet (where they still are), thought about going tanning... thought about going to the gym... thought about getting an eyebrow wax or a pedicure... and, surprisingly, gained 4 lbs. in the last week. And people say that a stay at home mom can't live it up!? If they only knew!


This is Josh at practice Tuesday, March 17.

And this is Josh after soccer practice on March 18. He plays offense and keeper for his USA team. So, at practice his coach had him in the box during a scrimmage. He went for a save and landed with a cleat in his leg. I keep telling him how awesome it is - it makes you tough when you have a cool bruise like that! Even now it looks pretty cool.

This is what actually made it to the D.I. It's a start. There is plenty more to be donated, but it sure felt good to take this much over.
These are some of the aprons I made. I have a cute customer on my etsy shop from Canada that orders aprons from me for any occasion. This was a request from her for a Mom and Me set for a baby shower. The baby one turned out so cute!
Now that it's midnight, I guess I will try to catch some zzz's. I have stalled long enough. Jer got me a laptop for Valentine's day and it's rather addicting when the kids are in bed and I have some quiet time. I find myself surfing the web, playing in Photoshop and blogging at the silliest hours. And I wonder why I've gained weight? No - I don't. I know exactly why. It's that case of Snickers I bought at Costco Saturday.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a wild woman! :)

Love all of your little projects...and let me know how the DS goes. I've been wanting to learn more about it.

We definitely need to play soon!:)

Hendricksonblog said...

Is the model for your aprons size 36, 24, 36? Lucky gal

The Royals said...

I love those aprons, as I have told you many times before!

cheers for chocolate said...

Whew! Talk abt venting!!!

FIFTEEN Years

Independence Day 2008

Disneyland Vacation 2008

California Adventures

Sea World

Breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen

Newport Beach and The Crab Cooker