Thursday, March 5, 2009

Daffodil Days are almost here!

I'm so happy that it is March! We always seem to have one or two snow storms in March, but there's something about a blue sky, birds chirping and the daffodils popping up through the snow. It makes me so happy I could cry!
Jer has been in Denver for the last week, so I have been feeling overwhelmed with my motherly responsibilities. Why is it that when your hubby has to travel for work that everything else falls on the same week? I've been running from doctors appointments to dance and soccer and Young Women's and homework and so on... But, fortunately, it's Thursday and Jer is back and things can get back to normal. Okay, so still busy, but it sure is easier when there are two of you.

Josh's team started soccer practice again this week. He was so excited. Winter is rough on soccer players - especially when you can't convince them to play rec basketball to keep in shape. He did really well. I thought he would be out of shape, but he was so excited to be back to playing that he played hard and ran fast.
The girls always love going to soccer because they know there is going to be a playground somewhere close by. The wind was blowing, but that was okay because it still felt warm. It was good to get some sun.

Another reason I am super excited for March is my little sister. She is about ready to have her baby and I am so anxious. I know she is and she is probably sick of me calling/texting every five minutes, but I don't want to miss anything. We had a shower here last week for her. It was so fun to see all the family and friends that we haven't seen forever. Anne and Amy Astill, Karen and Julie Sabey, Jame, Leesh, Care, Rachel, Randi, Laurisa and her little guy, Cohen. It was great to see all the support Lynsee has from everyone - Linda, work friends, all of you! Love you guys!

above: Jamie, Karen, Julie, Rachel, Cindy
above: Rachel, Lynsee {and Brynlee}, Linda, Cari, Alisha
above: Randi, Laurisa and Cohen
above: Lynsee and babe
Mom, Me, Erin, Cari, Lynsee and babe, Emma
(This was at the shower at John and Lindas.)

Also, this month, Emma is turning 8. I can't believe it. She is so excited to baptized. Her birthday is March 14 and her baptism is March 28. It's crazy to think that Emma will be eight years older than Lynsee's babe. That's how far apart Lyns and I are. I was confirmed (back when they did that part in Sacrament Meeting the next day) the same day Lynsee was blessed. I don't know why that seems significant to me, but I get emotional when I think about things like that. Last week in YW, the lesson was on Family and it's hard for me to keep it together when I talk about my family. My sisters, my parents, my kids, my hubby. How lucky we are to have each other for eternity.

Anyway, thought you might want to share in my moment of cheer. I seem to get way freakin' cheesey these days on my blog. No more o' that. :)

3 comments:

Hendricksonblog said...

we dont mind cheese. At least I dont and who cares what anyone else thinks besides me. Cant wait to borrow your tainted lipstick

Lynsee said...

Cute post! Except the pic of my chubby face. Now I can steal some pics to add to my blog since I don't have any that aren't of your bum. Oh ya and I think you maybe misspelled a name...do you know which one?!

Stephanie said...

Cute sisters/mom picture. I don't think it's cheesy, I think families are the best... especially sisters. Good luck to your sis with her new baby. I love keeping up on your life thru your blog. I miss those fun lay-on-our-beds-and-talk-half-the-night-days :) Good times.

FIFTEEN Years

Independence Day 2008

Disneyland Vacation 2008

California Adventures

Sea World

Breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen

Newport Beach and The Crab Cooker