Monday, June 1, 2009

Baby Hungry?


Rear facing car seat, high chair, baby swing, bottles, diapers, nap time, tummy time... you get the picture. These are all things that I have not had to deal with in a long while. Erin, my baby, is four and a half years old. She is potty trained (final freakin ly), she fastens her own seat belt, she is going on year three of preschool, she sleeps in her own bed, she has the sassy pants of a sixteen year old, and she can ride a bike (yes, with training wheels, but at least she does it). Bottom line, I'm done having baby's. I do, however, love my sisters baby. I started babysitting when Lynsee went back to work. I knew that having an infant in our home would either make or break me in the "baby hungry" area. She is the yummiest little thing. I love to love on her. I love that she is such a good baby. I love that I miss her when I don't have her. But having all of those baby necessities around my house again has confirmed my desire to be done having kids. I hope this doesn't sound completely selfish. I just was so wishy washy for so long. And, now I know. I know that my kids would still drive me crazy... having a sleeping baby upstairs does not stop them from kicking soccer balls in the house and fighting over which Disney show to watch. And life doesn't slow down. Now I just have to take an extra ten minutes than I usually do to buckle seat belts. So instead of worrying about whether I should have another one, I am loving the three I have and loving Bryn like I love my own. How can you not love those cheeks?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

There's still time right?:) Super cute pictures of the girls by the way!!

PS I'd offer to let you take Aidan if you ever need a fix, but he not quite the "perfect" baby...and he's into everything now.:)

Julie W said...

My baby is 3 and we are Definitely Done with ALL that. My swing and my double stroller have been handed down to my sister, crib & carseat to DI, and I've gotten rid of ALL the baby clothes. Now if THIS baby would just learn to share a room with her sisters so I can have my office back!

Addie is the only one with a TV in her room. I have it set on a timer so it will turn off automatically in 90 minutes and she can't turn it back on. At least she can only watch movies on it and she goes to bed without a fight, unless we can't figure out which movie she wants to watch ;)

Lynsee said...

Ohh!! Man she is cute. I love the pic with the three girls. You're makin me cry at work cuz I'm so jealous you get to have my baby! I wondered if it had made you decide not to have another one. I'm so glad you're enjoying having her! You're the best to take her for me!

FIFTEEN Years

Independence Day 2008

Disneyland Vacation 2008

California Adventures

Sea World

Breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen

Newport Beach and The Crab Cooker