Friday, June 6, 2008

Getting Organized part II




The bottom photo is a picture from Becky Higgins blog. Every once in a while, she posts her latest organizing project. This was one that seemed easy enough.. not like the pantry that took me over a week to complete. She talks about a "cleaner" look with using the same colored hangers. And, I'm sure you all remember ROYGBIV (aka Roy G. Biv) from elementary days. The ole rainbow: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet. You remember? Well this is how she suggests doing your shirts (adding in black, grey, tan, brown).

So, yesterday I organized my closet. The first two pictures are of my shirts. And it really was a fairly easy project. I didn't have to spend any money because I just switched out all the hangers with ones I had. All of Jer's clothes are on black and mine on white. So if you are looking for a quick project that makes a big difference - this was a good one!




7 comments:

kath said...

you will laugh but i am in the middle of that project right now!!! bright minds read the same blogs??? what do you want for your birthday??

Hendricksonblog said...

Yeah, Ive done that before. A few times to be exact.........It wont last but it looks like a pretty rainbow right now.....I am proud of anyone who keeps it up...

Unknown said...

Hi Aimee! Glad I've found your blog. Your closet looks great & so organized. I wish I had that many shirts to hang...I think I have 3 that fit right now.:)

Hopefully we'll see you Sunday! Music time isn't the same without you...laughing at so many funny little things.:) (You know what I'm talking about.:)

cheers for chocolate said...

holy crap...you have as many shirts as I have flip flops!

Stephanie said...

Your organization skills are impressive. And even more impressive than that is the number of SHIRTS you have!

Julia said...

It's Matt and I logged onto our Desktop and the home page is our blog which I never read to the disgust of my wife.

Julia is in Salt Lake so I am here with all three peapods. I laughed when I saw the closet. I did the same thing, but try to get Julia to keep my clothes on the white hanger. Agreed, simple and comforting project. Agreed on the Sushi, good only, not stinky twangy left over from yesterday. We have an awesome place near our project here in Reno, but Julia would die before polluting her mouth with it. Have to say you made a beautiful bunch of kids, liked your sons blog about mowing lawns. What a way for him to journal his life, practice grammer, writing and dialog.

Julia said...

It looks like you are a girl after my own heart. I think Brad Schreck would love this blog entry, and your pantry one, too. Have you read, "It's All Too Much"? A good read for getting motivated to purge & organize.

FIFTEEN Years

Independence Day 2008

Disneyland Vacation 2008

California Adventures

Sea World

Breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen

Newport Beach and The Crab Cooker