Sunday, June 29, 2008

Happy 86th!

(above) This was thirty seconds before Grandma let me know that I look like I am "carrying a little extra weight." Isn't she a sweetheart? :)

I know my grandma doesn't look at my blog, but I wanted to post this cute picture of us with her just last month. We stopped on our way home from Disneyland and had a fun visit with both Grandma Helen and Grandpa Bob. Grandpa is in a care center in St. George and that was the first time I had been there to see them since he moved. It wasn't the easiest visit for me. I realize now how hard it is for them to be apart. Grandma is hangin' in there, but with no one to iron and cook for, she seems not quite herself. She is such an amazing woman and I am so grateful to have her in my life. I don't see her or grandpa often enough, but I do appreciate and love them both so much! I know that neither of them will be with us for too much longer, but I am so glad that I have the relationship with them that I do. And, that my children have been able to get to know their posterity first hand. I didn't ever know any of my great grandparents and my children are blessed to have met Grandpa Rowe (mom's dad), Grandma Helen (dad's mom), Grandpa Bob (dad's dad), Grandma Johnson (Darrell's mom), and Grandma Morton (Kathy's mom). Wow! That's a lot of grandparents. They are so lucky.. and so are Jer and I. Happy Birthday, Grandma! Love you!!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Cute grandparents! How sweet to have a visit with them. I think grandparents are priceless, especially since I lost all mine before I was in jr high.

Hendricksonblog said...

Hey Chad and I are trying to plan a BBQ for the 18th......would that be doable for you guys????

FIFTEEN Years

Independence Day 2008

Disneyland Vacation 2008

California Adventures

Sea World

Breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen

Newport Beach and The Crab Cooker